Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Electrical (starting) help

I have recently acquired two gp 760's as discussed in another thread. I have a clicking noise coming from the black box while trying to start one of them and have had a response stating the starter relay is bad. I would like to get some information or even a website to go to that may give me some step by step trouble shooting guide for electrical (starting) issues. I don't want to sound cheap but I got both of these skis for free along with several performance parts so I have a lot of stock parts laying around. I right now have the cost of a new battery invested in both of them. I think it will be really cool to get a couple of riding seasons out of them for essentially nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I will hopefully get a list of part on here soon that I may not need.

please increase your font size! first off I think these have security? push and hold the mode button and see if the gauge comes to life? then enter aaaa and see if it says start or lock?

OK, sorry about the font.
    I am able to try to start the ski but it is clicking. The noise comes from the black box. I have a new battery and get over 12 volts when I test it.
    I have read some posts in here that say it could be the ground some say it is the starter relay (in the black box) and some say it is the starter.
    Can you give me a step by step process to allow for me to eliminate some of these and resolve the issue.

that manual i linked should have trouble shooting! and yes a good ground is helpful! do you have a gauge with the mode button? did u try that? there is a quick solenoid test if you open the e box! and thx for fxn the font!! I don't have to squint now

yes, I have a mode button. If I push aaaa it goes to start mode. This what I have my passcode set at for now though. If I press mode again then aaaa it goes to lock mode.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 & 98 GP760 View Post
    yes, I have a mode button. If I push aaaa it goes to start mode. This what I have my passcode set at for now though. If I press mode again then aaaa it goes to lock mode.
    OK! just checking! do you feel like opening the black box for further tests?

yes, I will like to do that.

you can bypass the start solenoid once you get it open to rule out that item

OK, how do I do that?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information