Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Seadoo Problems

  1. #1
    Alex The Godfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    945

    Seadoo Problems

    So my friend and I were riding our seadoos this week before I leave, and earlier this week my friends 07' RXP wouldn't start. He would put the key on the post and get nothing... it was intermittently like it would then start 10 min later but then die after another 20 min of riding...

    then today he drove me over to my friends dock where i am temporarily keeping my seadoo until i fix our dock and he dropped me off and then turned his off and waited for me to get mine ready, then i put my key on my DESS post and what do ya know? It wouldnt start, and no info was showing on the display...

    So then i was going to put mine away and just ride with my friend but then his died! So finally they started working and we rode awhile and then his died 4 more times before we called the dealer to ask them to pick them up and so now the dealer has them but right before we dropped them off, i was riding and my seadoo beeped and showed the oil warning but i just had the oil changed 8 hours ago.. also i did not check oil which is my mistake but it was just changed so i didnt think that would be the prblem

    what the hell is going on? anyone have any ideas?

    thanx once again,
    Alex


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
    was riding and my seadoo beeped and showed the oil warning but i just had the oil changed 8 hours ago.. also i did not check oil which is my mistake but it was just changed so i didnt think that would be the prblem

    what the hell is going on? anyone have any ideas?

    thanx once again,
    Alex
    Maybe your SC is puking oil like some of the X SC's and you lost some oil??? Check your oil level. Pull the hose of the SC intake and see if there is any oil pooled there. Don't run the ski with the oil light on. A forum member on here messed up his '04 RXP because it puked out oil and he ran it for 5min on low oil (wasn't the SC puking oil though). Only takes a few seconds to ruin a motor on low oil though. Not saying this is the issue, just throwing it out there because I've heard about more than just a few X SC's puking oil.

    As for the lanyards have the dealer check out the DESS post. Might need to be replaced. Probably not sensing the lanyard correctly or something. I've heard of this happening before. You ride in salt water?
    Last edited by RXP-REX; 07-18-2008 at 05:09 PM.

  3. #3
    Alex The Godfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    945
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post
    Maybe your SC is puking oil like some of the X SC's and you lost some oil??? Check your oil level. Pull the hose of the SC intake and see if there is any oil pooled there. Don't run the ski with the oil light on. A forum member on here messed up his '04 RXP because it puked out oil and he ran it for 5min on low oil. Only takes a few seconds to ruin a motor on low oil though. Not saying this is the issue, just throwing it out there because I've heard about more than just a few X SC's puking oil.

    As for the lanyards have the dealer check out the DESS post. Might need to be replaced. Probably not sensing the lanyard correctly or something. I've heard of this happening before. You ride in salt water?
    Thanx for the advice i will look into it... as for the other issue, i thought it might be the DESS post as well

    but no we dont ride in any salt water

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
    So my friend and I were riding our seadoos this week before I leave, and earlier this week my friends 07' RXP wouldn't start. He would put the key on the post and get nothing... it was intermittently like it would then start 10 min later but then die after another 20 min of riding...

    then today he drove me over to my friends dock where i am temporarily keeping my seadoo until i fix our dock and he dropped me off and then turned his off and waited for me to get mine ready, then i put my key on my DESS post and what do ya know? It wouldnt start, and no info was showing on the display...

    So then i was going to put mine away and just ride with my friend but then his died! So finally they started working and we rode awhile and then his died 4 more times before we called the dealer to ask them to pick them up and so now the dealer has them but right before we dropped them off, i was riding and my seadoo beeped and showed the oil warning but i just had the oil changed 8 hours ago.. also i did not check oil which is my mistake but it was just changed so i didnt think that would be the prblem

    what the hell is going on? anyone have any ideas?

    thanx once again,
    Alex
    I had the same problem on a 2002 GTX 4TEC and when we disconnected the battery to check it and then reconnected the battery everyhting worked great again. Anyone heard of this and have and idea what causes it.

  5. #5
    Best of both worlds! RXP & RXT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    123
    I have has 3 DESS posts crap out, pull off the the key and they keep running!! Or plug in the key and nothing happens.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP & RXT View Post
    I have has 3 DESS posts crap out, pull off the the key and they keep running!!
    That's a good thing for a Sea Doo +1

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP & RXT View Post
    Or plug in the key and nothing happens.
    That's also.....Normal for a Sea Doo Ya can't win them all

  8. #8
    YoYamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    21,570
    +1
    4,789
    Quote Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
    So my friend and I were riding our seadoos this week before I leave, and earlier this week my friends 07' RXP wouldn't start. He would put the key on the post and get nothing... it was intermittently like it would then start 10 min later but then die after another 20 min of riding...
    Check your battery terminal make sure it's tight.
    If it is, then replace the battery on the 07. Many people only ride their skis a few hours a year and these little batteries can be touchy if you let them sit for months. I replace all my marine batteries about every 18 months regardless of how they are performing. Getting stranded is no fun.

    then today he drove me over to my friends dock where i am temporarily keeping my seadoo until i fix our dock and he dropped me off and then turned his off and waited for me to get mine ready, then i put my key on my DESS post and what do ya know? It wouldnt start, and no info was showing on the display...
    Check your battery terminals make sure they are tight.
    Sounds like a loose terminal. If they are tight then DESS is suspect. We have hundreds of hours on ours and have never had a problem with starting or DESS posts, but it happens for sure.

    right before we dropped them off, i was riding and my seadoo beeped and showed the oil warning but i just had the oil changed 8 hours ago.. also i did not check oil which is my mistake but it was just changed so i didnt think that would be the problem
    Well, did you ever check the oil level when you got it back to the dock?
    It wouldn't be the first time a dealer forgot to do something right, so please check your oil. If you are losing oil, you need to be very careful, and carry a spare quart with you so you do not run it on low oil.

    Several things can cause the low oil warning, for example it could be a sensor going bad or your SC wheel may have touched down on the housing and then it will still work, but the tiny shards of metal get into the oil pumps, tear up the seals, and then you lose the oil. Either way you need to keep an eye on it and make sure you buy the BRP extended warranty before your 1 year anniversary if you don't have one.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Seadoo problem after oil change at the dealerships
    By rxpx2008 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 01:06 PM
  2. Seadoo problem
    By CHAZZY16 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2010, 12:50 PM
  3. 1995 Seadoo Problem / Electrical? Pleez help
    By jsun3701 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-22-2008, 03:28 PM
  4. Seadoo sp PROBLEMS!!!
    By QuickMick in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-29-2006, 09:56 PM
  5. Seadoo GTX problem Need help!
    By DeeGee in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-17-2006, 11:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •