...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    +1

Do These Numbers Sound Good For A Stock S150 SCIC?

I took my Boat out for the first time the other day. I was paying close attention to the RPM's and Speedometer.

Peak RPM's I saw were 7680rpms and Speedometer fluttered between 65-66mph and I saw 67 for a split second. I know for damn sure this boat ain't goin over 60mph stock, but still, some people said their Speedo's were reading LOW from the factory against a GPS reading, but could mine be reading the usual HIGH by 10mph, so I was really going 55-56 mayyybe 57mph?

Boat was 100% Bone Stock at the time. Air Temp was between 88-91 depending how close to shore I was and water Temp was mid 80's. Runs were done with full tank of Gas and me and 1 very light passenger. Chop was 1ft or less most of the time. There are 7 hours on the Boat.

I got the Garmin 201 that alot of people use here in the Mail, but my Boat isn't Stock anymore. But do my above RPM's atleast sound on par?

I have a 2008 speedster 150 but with the 155hp motor. My speedometer is accurate (within 1 mph) up to about 45mph and then it differs from my gps. At 45 on the speedo I am at 45 on the gps. 50 on the speedo = 47 gps. I have maxed out at 59 speedo which was 51 gps. My max rpm is always 7400 so yours sounds a bit low for the scic. I got the above speed with the air temp at 80 and the water temp at about 70. I had a full tank and about 375 lbs of passengers.

I have a 2007 S150 with the 215HP SCIC. My boat is still stock and at 7800rpms I'm seeing around 54mph on a GPS.

2006 Sea-Doo Sportster SCIC VBSPORTSTER's Avatar
    2006 Sportster 150 SCIC, 15hrs, no mods, very light chop 7800-7900 rpms, 2 people- 320 pds, full tank of gas, 54mph on gps.

148 mph! 1k hp.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=31662986

I have 2008 150 scic and the fastest I've gone on gps is 56.6 bone stock .

At 7680rpms and with a passenger, you were only going about 51-52mph. A healthy stock Sportster/Speedster SCIC will go 54 to 58mph depending on weather and lattitude, with no passengers. Wide open throttle is normally 7900rpms, and you typically lose 100rpms per passenger. A free flowing air intake can bump your normal WOT RPMs up to 8100. Just no way to be getting anywhere near 60mph without getting those RPMs up. The SCIC ECU won't adjust the timing to allow your full RPM potential until sometime between hour five and ten. I'd say your RPMs are normal, if the ECU is still in its break-in period, but 100 - 200rpms low otherwise. Give it until the 10th hour; run it without a passenger and make sure your RPMs are above 7900 (or more, if you've modified the intake).

+1
    Yea, I think I'm right where it should be, considering the Break In period and all.

+1
    Took out the Boat today, and the Intake and Exhaust Resonator removal DEF. made a difference. This Boat sounds sooooo baddass now, it's great. And the acceleration is alot better too. Has more Mid Range power, when at a cruise and you hit it WOT, it actually puts you back in the seat a little bit, whereas before you'd hit it and it almost seemed like a Flat Spot in the Power Curve and the Boat would take it's time.

It is quite loud now with no resonator, ALOT louder on the water than I thought it would be, but I love it. Everyone looks at the Boat now when I pass them.

With 4 people on the Boat, prob. being over the weight limit due to 1 large passenger, a full tank of Gas, I was pulling 7980RPM's. So prob. with just me and my usual small female passenger, I'd be right at 8100RPM's or so, where I should be.

Quote Originally Posted by duramaxxed View Post
    Took out the Boat today, and the Intake and Exhaust Resonator removal DEF. made a difference. This Boat sounds sooooo baddass now, it's great. And the acceleration is alot better too. Has more Mid Range power, when at a cruise and you hit it WOT, it actually puts you back in the seat a little bit, whereas before you'd hit it and it almost seemed like a Flat Spot in the Power Curve and the Boat would take it's time.

It is quite loud now with no resonator, ALOT louder on the water than I thought it would be, but I love it. Everyone looks at the Boat now when I pass them.

With 4 people on the Boat, prob. being over the weight limit due to 1 large passenger, a full tank of Gas, I was pulling 7980RPM's. So prob. with just me and my usual small female passenger, I'd be right at 8100RPM's or so, where I should be.
    Hey I did a custom 3.5" intake with y pipe to include the factory intake and I used a K&N cone filter on top and it definitely pulls a good bit harder in the mid range and high end like you say. I see almost 8100rpm's consistenly with just me in it and my boat has 50hrs. I've had the 50hr service done already and several other things including new SS wear ring, Solas impellar, removed intake grate...I'm looking to do a custom exhaust and just wondered how you did yours and if you have any pictures?? I really want to hear the exhaust more on mine... Thanks for your writeup...gives me more motivation to mess around with the exhaust.

+1
    All I did for the Resonator Removal was simply unhook the Rubber Strap holding it down, unscrew the 4 Clamps holding the Rubber Exhaust Tubing onto the Resonator, pull out the Resonator, went to local Auto Parts Store (NAPA) got an 18" section of 2.5in Exhaust Pipe (about $3.99), cut the 2.5in Piping down to 8in in length, sprayed the inside and outside of the Pipe with High Temp Flat Black Engine Paint (to resist corrosion) and installed it in the Gap where the Resonator used to be. Be sure to use ALL 4 Clamps that were previously used with the Resonator, so you have as much Clamping Force as you can, so that the Piping won't Blow apart. I re-checked the Clamps the next morning just incase.

Here is a pic of the Finished Product:

Thread Information