Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1

Good price for Yamaha VX110 Deluxe?

I posted on the Yamaha side, but wanted to see your opinions. My unlce is buying a ski and since this one is pretty much the cheapest one there is I wante to help him out get an even better deal. Now, what do guys think would be a good price to offer for it? MSRP is $7899 + $799 for the trailer. Also a good out the door price maybe?

Thanks.

PS. I tried to lure him into the GTI but he's just looking for the cheapest one. I guess the 20 hp difference makes it more than $1k more.

+1
    I had the opportunity to put a new VX110 Sport through it's paces last weekend. The engine sounds more like a sewing machine than a PWC. That "sound" quickly became annoying. Handling was very good. I was impressed with the turning ability of the ski. It holds on during a turn better than a lot of skis with aftermarket sponsons. I raced a 2006 NA GTX. The GTX would easily get the hole shot, but barely pulled after the initial jump. The GTX has 155hp and the Yammi only 110. The problem with the pricing on this ski is they are seldom if ever discounted ( at least not in my area) The MSRP is lower than the MSRP of other 4 strokes. However, since the other 4 strokes are often sold at a good discount, the VX110 quickly looses it's price advantage.

Richard

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    a standard 06 GTI is $7600.... what 1000 dollar difference? ... with the doo u get more HP, more features, more storage, closed loop cooling

it's not pretty, but it's functional... the GTI SE jumps up to 8400 tho, but gase the base model. same hull same motor, just stripped down and cheaper.

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    a standard 06 GTI is $7600.... what 1000 dollar difference? ... with the doo u get more HP, more features, more storage, closed loop cooling

it's not pretty, but it's functional... the GTI SE jumps up to 8400 tho, but gase the base model. same hull same motor, just stripped down and cheaper.
    Yeah but $7600 with no side view mirrors or reverse? That sucks!

Ok so $500 difference between the two top of the line models. Not bad IMO but its not for me. My girls uncle wants it for his 16 year old kid. He does not care about the 20 hp difference, he cares about the $500 difference!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    it most certainly does come with reverse!

and the mirrors can be added...

sell him on the reliability of the normally aspirated 4-tec, the closed loop cooling so no salt water ever goes thru the motor itself, and the GTI is more stable, handles the rough a LITTLE better...

the yamaha VX has colors, it has style. thats where seadoo F'ed up with the standard GTI making it a plain jane when they knew their competition was the VX110

jeff

crazy prize... help wit perf parts

well you guys in the us has got i good all the way!! im from Namibia in africa and we get all our pwc from South Africa, and with an exchange rate of 1-7 a vx110 will be in the region of U$15000,00 in my country.. crazy i know but hey thats what we have to pay for pwc's!

can anybdy help me, im looking for a R&D powershot fuel adj. i spoke to the guys at island racing and they said that R&D is working on a powershot adj but why are there so many websites that advertise them and include them in performance packages? and a free flow exhaust aswell.. help anyone?

i have orderd all the performance parts available for the vx110 but im still looking for these 2 parts..

jeff

does anbdy know how much hp and speed increase i can get with my vx110 with the following bits fitted: R&D air filter with intake pipe
    pump seal kit
    riva aquavein intake grate
    solas prop
    mod 3 ride plate from island racing

Thread Information