Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Naturally Aspirated??? Ever heard of it?????

I am looking at buying a used 2006 GTX 155hp, but confused because I have never heard of this natural aspiration this guy is talking about. Any opinions or shared knowledge is appreciated.

In an ad the seller states "3-person SeaDoo GTX personal water craft with 4-cycle 4-TEC engine, naturally aspirated - so will never have supercharger problems and is more fuel efficient than supercharged PWC."

I had no idea what that meant so I asked, "What does naturally aspirated mean? how does it work?"

His response was, "Naturally aspirated means the cylinders get air without any mechanical assistance, like a supercharger. Naturally aspirated engines just allow the piston to suck in a normal amount of air and a fixed amount fuel while supercharged engines force additional air into the cylinders at higher pressures. Naturally aspirated engines typically have better fuel economy than supercharged engines and since it has fewer moving parts it is less prone to breaking. The drawback of course is naturally aspirated engines have less output horsepower than supercharged engines and the top speed will be slightly slower.

The engine is stock 155 hp. The natural aspiration is also stock and is
    standard on the GTX and Wake models. Any SeaDoo dealer (or any PWC
    mechanic for that matter) will be able to service it."

THe price he is asking for the ski is $6000 with a Z J1B galvanized trailer. The ski has 76 hours on it and has been used exclusively in the ocean, is that a decent deal?

Is this information legit or is it out of left field?

Do the engines come from sea-doo naturally aspirated?

Thanks for the information.

Naturally Asperated is the term used to define just a Throttle Body intake and Fuel Injection. 2-Cycle or 4-Cycle Engine,, common term....

No Turbo or Supercharger involved in force feeding the air to the Throttle Body.

Some Rotax (Sea-Doo) engines come that way as the seller said.
    His explanation is correct.
    Last edited by David_HX_RXP; 07-19-2008 at 03:09 AM. Reason: x tra info

So does that mean that is the same stock in all 155hps or is that one or a few of them a different engine from the rest?

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    any seadoo without a factory s/c is classed as NA naturally aspirated which means it breaths naturally.
    So the 130hp gti and 155gti,gtx,wake,rxp NA, and all 2 strokes fall into this catagory. and will be slower more economical and have a longer lifespan

Any engine that does not have some form of forced induction, ie; supercharged or turbocharged is naturally aspirated.

Cheers

Chris.

+1
    my lawnmower is n/a....why did that just come to me? ohh yeah, its saturday, gotta cut the grass

just cut mine.....my john deere is na but i am thinking TURBO.........
    Quote Originally Posted by 9secZO6 View Post
    my lawnmower is n/a....why did that just come to me? ohh yeah, its saturday, gotta cut the grass

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 9secZO6 View Post
    LOL yeah i'm getting off the pc and getting out there to do just that.

We say Normally Aspirated and you'll see in turbo circles talk of "N/A or turbo"..

I think 6000 bux is too high for this ski..very low demand for it..and all ocean is horrible unless the guy has been anal like these GH guys and cleaned and flushed etc after every ride.. the salt takes an esp tough toll on the wiring harness and electrical connections.. do a careful inspection.

The nice thing about a low hour forced induction ski is the mechanicals are forged and tougher duty...if you ride it easy it will last forever. (change washers to steel if seadoo).

If you're going n/a then look at the kawi 15F and honda F12X for good 3 seaters as well..the honda is a turbo but the guts are forged, like i said...great fuel economy on those skis.

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    And just to add a little controversy to the discussion... pistons don't really suck the air in, they simply provide a void in the cylinder for "Mother Nature" to fill with her ever changing barometric pressure.

yea lol you gotta be all sientific about it dont ya you just gonna confuse people

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information