Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Trying to decide....rxt or rxp...

Hey guys, my boat was stolen about a week ago and it looks like the police cant find it. So me and my mom decided we would start looking for a replacement. She wanted to get a new boat, but i have other ideas

Anyway, ive seen how awesome sea doos are and drove my friends rxt. Im trying to decide if i should get an rxp or an rxt. I will be going out by myself occasionally, but most of the time it will be with friends and we will probibly go tubing alot. which one do you think would suit my needs the best?

Also, i live on salt water, so i would need to get a lift and have acess to the back of the ski to flush it. So what kind of lift should i get? manual? electric? floating dock?

Thanks for your time

Oliver

if ur going to be doing a lot of tubing i would say go with the RXT. many state laws say u have to have a 3 seater to be able to pull the tube and also have a spotter sitting on the back of the ski.

Thanks for the reply! One more question lol... Do i need a PWC specific liscense to operate a PWC in florida or will a general boaters liscense be aceptable? Because i am on http://www.boatus.org/onlinecourse/ this page and i am trying to decide what course to take.

Thanks

Oliver

I would also say an rxt if you are doing a lot of tubing. That way you can have a spotter sitting backwards looking at the tuber and have all three of you on at a time when needed.

In florida you dont have to have a spotter so long as you have mirrors which of course the rxt has but they are not very useful for pulling a tuber.

I usually just stand up and keep looking back, you cant go too fast anyway.

In Florida you have to be 14 years old with a licenses ( or boater's safety course offered by the power squadron) or 21 years old without.

Thanks guys, so which one of those tests on the boat US website should i take? I am 14.

Get an RXT if tubing. If you ever think you will cruise with another rider... get an RXT.
    Then you can cruise around with your mom on the back Make sure she holds on unless she is reall good at back hand springs.

haha yeah.. i just had a long talk with the parents and they think getting a 3 seater is a good idea. and i told them that sea doos are the best and they agreed so now i just need two more things... 1. anybody have any recomendation on what kind of lift to get? and 2. what kind of liscense do i need? general boating?
    Last edited by Cyclone268; 07-20-2006 at 12:33 PM.

dont know what test online you need to take although I know it can be done.

I recommend actually going to the Power Squadron course in your area. It is well worthwhile for a new boater. I think the only cost is for the materials.

My wife and I took it and it was actually fun and I met some pretty cool people too.

oh ive been boating for about 3 years, so im not exactly a new boater. Well only driving when my dad let me but that adds up pretty fast and he always lets me dock and stuff and gives me lectures about the safety equipment in the boat. But thanks, ill be sure to look into that.

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jack
    In florida you dont have to have a spotter so long as you have mirrors which of course the rxt has but they are not very useful for pulling a tuber.
    Uhh...you'd better check that one again. The actually specifies that PWC mirrors are not adequate or legal for towing skiers/tubers. It specifically mentions that point. Check out your local tag office/dmv for laws.

Sorry Jack, just don't want bad info bitting him in the butt.

Sean

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information