The next generation 4-tec?

With Yamaha now packing 1800cc and the 4-tec in its 5th? year is it possible that BRP will develop/release a new engine platform, moreso with a larger displacement? Also maybe a hull redesign (3 seater) to cope better with rough water as per Kawi's ultra hull. Just seeing what everyone thinks BRP may have lurking around the corner.

Cheers

Chris.

Honestly at this point, I wouldn't be able to guess. It can be a both yes or no. I don't think they will come out with a new engine because they just improved 255 horse. It took 3 years to come out with a new engine, but now I think BRPs next move is to change the hull. I don't think they could cram it into one year. I think 2009 will be basically the change with just color variation, but 2010 will be the year of changes IMHO. Well forgot to add, the 2009 line-up may have changes to the recreation section (most variated line of seadoo watercrafts), but the musclecraft will remain the same. Who really knows tho. Looking forward to hear some opinions of those who work at the dealerships. It would be awesome if the seadoo GTI SE had the engine option of the 155 OR the 215. Curious to see what that hull would run stock. Is that hull more restrictive or lighter and more nimble and is faster than the RXP hull.

Quote Originally Posted by italianstallion314 View Post
    Honestly at this point, I wouldn't be able to guess. It can be a both yes or no. I don't think they will come out with a new engine because they just improved 255 horse. It took 3 years to come out with a new engine, but now I think BRPs next move is to change the hull. I don't think they could cram it into one year. I think 2009 will be basically the change with just color variation, but 2010 will be the year of changes IMHO. Well forgot to add, the 2009 line-up may have changes to the recreation section (most variated line of seadoo watercrafts), but the musclecraft will remain the same. Who really knows tho. Looking forward to hear some opinions of those who work at the dealerships. It would be awesome if the seadoo GTI SE had the engine option of the 155 OR the 215. Curious to see what that hull would run stock. Is that hull more restrictive or lighter and more nimble and is faster than the RXP hull.
    I've heard it is a very competitive closed course racing hull. There is a guy who did a conversion and put a turbo'd 215 engine into the hull.

yeah I think his username is JESUSSEADOO. I would just LOVE to see a 215 powerplant in the GTI. It would not only give out another option to consumers, yet make a comparison of GTI and RXP/RXT hulls.

Quote Originally Posted by italianstallion314 View Post
    It would be awesome if the seadoo GTI SE had the engine option of the 155 OR the 215. Curious to see what that hull would run stock.
    You can get the GTI w/155

I understand that, but imagine it with a supercharged 215 horsepower power plant.

Thread Information