Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Need Business Advice

I originally gave my father $5,000 cash towards an RXP in June 2005. He paid for the rest including double trailer and it was probably $13,000 OTD with some oil, parts etc.. Well, now that he has received a $50,000 inheritance check he is willing to pay me back the $5,000, but i would lose all rights to the RXP. As of now I can say who rides it and who doesn't, everyone has to ask me first. I only let my 20 and 22 yr old brothers ride it anyways. If I sold my "1/2," irresponsible relatives with merely a boating license and nothing more could potentially be able to drive it . Nobody would have to check with me to see if it is okay for them to drive it anymore. Somebody could be stupid and break it or hurt themselves although I would no longer be liable.
    So the question is, do I trade my rights to the machine for my entire original investment? or do I keep entire control over matters involving my RXP and lose the $5,000? I am only 16 yrs old so the $5,000 means a little more to me than it would to most people. I'm leaning more towards taking the money, but any opinions and ideas would be great.

Take the money. No questions about it.

GEt the $5,000 and get out. Put $5,000 down on either a new one or find a used RXP on Ebay or a private party.

You will need your dad to set up the loan with the bank, as you are a minor and cannot sign such documents.

On the other hand, maybe you get your $5,000 and let whomever ride it. You relieve yourself of alot of B.S not having to own the ski, but be able to ride it when you want.

Now that I think of it, I would take choice #2

Get your 5000 and mod it!!
    When it is going 80 your father will understand your family members not being able to ride it.
    Hide the learners key....

+1
    I like to carry the key in my pocket while the family is up at the lake, that way they have to kill me in order to drive it. Nobody outside of my immediate family has ever driven it over 15mph or longer than 20 seconds, but i think i'll take the money and decide not to care if people abuse it. As long as i have my money

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    ur last post made sense... it'll suck at first, but learn to deal with it. 5 grand is alot for someone your / our age.... i know i could use 5 grand that's for sure.

nothing like paying money for a ski, then getting reimbursed for the entire amount.... u had a ski and sold ur portion with zero depreciation. take the money, learn not to care about the abuse it will get, but stay on top of people and make sure they are safe when abusing it.

At sixteen you're probably stronger and quicker then any of your relatives. Take the money and gaurd the ski like a pitbull. If you have any challengers for ski rights give them a good boxing lesson.

Dude, your young, take the dough, you can`t fix stupid or irresponsibility, and it would no longer be a concern or a liability for you. You could always buy another ski when you are able...PR...

take the money, no questions ask! at 16 $5,000 is a lot! just gaurd the ski or just let people abuse it and then in a couple years just buy ur own!

If the kid has $5000.00 to begin with he obviously knows how to work an honest day. If just took the $$$ and worked for a few months he could get his own- has good enough brains to ask advice too, smart kid.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information