Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Spark Plug Problems

Ok guys I have a 2007 Ultra 250 ski with less than 30hours. It was serviced at 10hours and as soon as they did the break-in maintenance the plugs went out on it. It started skipping and idling really bad but the top end seemed to be ok, just idling and sluggish on acceleration. After that we got the dealer to replace them since it had just been serviced but now it is skipping again. Today we took it out since it acted up last time we had it out and used some BP Ultimate 93 octane. When we first started it up it would barely move and then it cleared itself up some but it still had a "skip" to it at idle. We are wondering what the new plugs are like and what the fix is for them?

Thanks

Search button on the top will answer this for you many times.

leaky Exhaust gaskets, leaking water into the cylenders

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Search button on the top will answer this for you many times.

Sorry getting use to the forum gig, son hangs on them a lot for other stuff, my first time on one though.

Sorry.

Thanks wooop

change the plugs again , but do it when the motor is cold ,dont cross thread.

Quote Originally Posted by HPI_Savage25 View Post
    Sorry getting use to the forum gig, son hangs on them a lot for other stuff, my first time on one though.

Sorry.

Thanks wooop
    No need for apologies.

These plugs are expensive and temperamental. Try a new set and see, you may have just gotten another bad one. The search button up top will help you in finding the information and the threads about this, if anything it will help you with knowing your not alone.

There's actually a recall for the plugs on the '07. Something about the orginal plugs being over torqued and causing problems. It happened to mine at 10 hours. Dealer replaced the plugs and all seems fine now. Maybe you can get the dealer to replaced them again. Or spend the $50 for a fresh set, easy to install.

Yep we had to get them replaced right after the 10hr service also, of course under warrenty.

We took the ski out this weekend with some new plugs and it runs like a champ.....also a lot better fuel efficiency it seems.

+1
    $50?
    I wish i had your mechanic.... the plugs i had to have installed were $25 EA. I also bought a spare set... Luckily Kawi picked up the tab on the first set due to the recall.

same problem this is my third set of those laser platinum plugs with only 58 hours on the ski....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information