Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

cant figure it out

got a n 07 rxt first ten hours showed 70 on the guage. after the ten hours the ski started to slow down did like 63-65 put a riva power filter stayed the same. this season i did intake grate, blow off valve now it does 60. at 7100 rpm lent the ski to an uncle sucked up 8 rocks and messed everything up did 10. finally got it all fixed did a 14/17r riva wedge and new ring still does 60 could the speedo be bad? and btw the latest rpms were 7100

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Do not go by the speedo, it is crap. Get a GPS and watch the RPM's. Have you replaced the washers in the SC? could be slipping. Get rid of the BOV. They are crap and known to leak. You are not creating enough boost to need one. Check for boost leak.

thank u im gonna get rid of the bov tomorrow i thoguht maybe there could be a leak. are u supposed to hear it at all cause u cant on mine and the washers i got to get to def soon can u tell if there slipping

i also forgot to post before there are two little nozzles comming out the venturi what r those i have like a brown goop coming out

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    Do not go by the speedo, it is crap. Get a GPS and watch the RPM's. Have you replaced the washers in the SC? could be slipping. Get rid of the BOV. They are crap and known to leak. You are not creating enough boost to need one. Check for boost leak.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    You can test the slip moment with a torque wrench but since you have the ceramic washers I advise against that and recommend sending the SC to Jerry for the washer install. He will make sure everything is correct and take care of you on that end. Ask him to test the slip on your SC before changing washers that way you know if that was the problem.

No you want hear the BOV as I don't think enough boost is ever created with a stock machine and all you end up with is a slight, constant, leak.
    Last edited by NCHeel; 07-19-2008 at 07:43 PM.

+1
    NCHeels right.You need to get them washers/cluthes out ASAP..The 07s have a bad habit of giving out prematurly..Some washers have gone out as soon as 2-3 hours so your playing with a ticking time bomb IMO..
    Its possible you have a boost leak.Like NC said you really dont need the BOV Especialy if you are running the Metal washer/clutches like you said you were gonna do..Check all your clamps and hoses.The brown goop coming out the bailers doesnt sound good..That COULD be oil in your hull..check inside for any oil leaks...Also with the new aftermaket prop you will have to tweek it to get the optimal RPMs.BUT 1000 RPMs is alot IMO to have to tweek..

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Brown goop sounds like the boat was stored over the winter with some water in the hull and that is what it grew into. Is there anyway to flush the bailer tubes out?

+1
    You could pull them off and blow compressed air through them..

thanks for the advice im gonna get get rid of the bov tomorrow and order some washers, so those nozzles are like a bildge? whats the hose that goes from the venturi to right above the whole pump housing? sorry for all the questions i just wanna make sure everytihng is fine the dealers in my area are rediculous so i wanna try and resolve everyithng myself

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by salerngo47 View Post
    thanks for the advice im gonna get get rid of the bov tomorrow and order some washers, so those nozzles are like a bildge? whats the hose that goes from the venturi to right above the whole pump housing? sorry for all the questions i just wanna make sure everytihng is fine the dealers in my area are rediculous so i wanna try and resolve everyithng myself

Dont sweat the questions bro..Thats what this forum is about..The hose that goes to the top of the pump tunnel is for your OPAS.The RXTs Opas system works off water pressure to raise and lower the paddles depending on speed..Are the nozzles we are talking about in the rear of the ski with clear hoses attached to them??If so then yes they are your bailer/bilage system..
    Last edited by Snoman; 07-19-2008 at 09:06 PM.

the hose in the middle on top of the venturi is the opas i found off the other day would that slow me down? and the other two with the brown stuff were also in the middle but were small like 1/4 inch in diameter coming out the venturi

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Dont sweat the questions bro..Thats what this forum is about..The hose that goes to the top of the pump tunnel is for your OPAS.The RXTs Opas system works off water pressure to raise and lower the paddles depending on speed..Are the nozzles we are talking about in the rear of the ski with clear hoses attached to them??If so then yes they are your bailer/bilage system..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information