Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Bigcat1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bozeman - Montana
    Posts
    55

    RXT-X RPM's at Elevation 5670

    Guys-

    I have 14 hours on the new ski, the 10 hour checked out fine and the oil level is correct. I am pulling 7420 max RPM's at 5670 Feet above sea level. I will always be riding at these higher lakes (as that is where I live).

    Question- Will a 4in air intake help me increase RPM's? I plan on adding a R&D grate and having Jim true (and add skegs) to my ride plate. I am not trying to hit 90- I just what to maximize my investment. Would a prop help? Do I need a younger wife? I am open to suggestions!

    Thank you for answering!


  2. #2
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcat1 View Post
    Guys-

    I have 14 hours on the new ski, the 10 hour checked out fine and the oil level is correct. I am pulling 7420 max RPM's at 5670 Feet above sea level. I will always be riding at these higher lakes (as that is where I live).

    Question- Will a 4in air intake help me increase RPM's? I plan on adding a R&D grate and having Jim true (and add skegs) to my ride plate. I am not trying to hit 90- I just what to maximize my investment. Would a prop help? Do I need a younger wife? I am open to suggestions!

    Thank you for answering!
    air intake should help you get the sc to breath better at your high RAD propbalbly of 6 to 7,000 ft.
    I dont know what prop will be good for you but for starters you can take alot of pitch out of the end of the prop and will gain rpms. just not sure if the stocker can handle a 500 rpm reduciton.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rydal, Georgia U S A
    Posts
    3,936
    +1
    14
    Buy a air intake RRSC wheel with a spacer...then pitch up for rpm...you should be good on the AFR. BUT CHECK IT.

  4. #4
    Bigcat1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bozeman - Montana
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by jawz View Post
    Buy a air intake RRSC wheel with a spacer...then pitch up for rpm...you should be good on the AFR. BUT CHECK IT.

    Thannk you- the only question is what does that mean? Riva Racing Super Charger Clutch Wheel? I live in Montana and as you might imagine there are not many super tuners for jet skis- Ski- Doo's yes- Sea-Doo's not so much.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rydal, Georgia U S A
    Posts
    3,936
    +1
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcat1 View Post
    Thannk you- the only question is what does that mean? Riva Racing Super Charger Clutch Wheel? I live in Montana and as you might imagine there are not many super tuners for jet skis- Ski- Doo's yes- Sea-Doo's not so much.

    PM Jerry (Green Hulk)

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcat1 View Post
    Thannk you- the only question is what does that mean? Riva Racing Super Charger Clutch Wheel? I live in Montana and as you might imagine there are not many super tuners for jet skis- Ski- Doo's yes- Sea-Doo's not so much.
    He was referring to the Rotax Racing supercharger fan with spacer and AFR stands for air fuel ratio

  7. #7
    vidbuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Suburban Wasteland, CA
    Posts
    221
    +1
    1
    Your getting about the same rpms as I am on a stage II rxp- I am thinking about swaping to a 14/19 impeller

    This is at 6300ft


  8. #8
    Bigcat1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bozeman - Montana
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by greasyginzo View Post
    He was referring to the Rotax Racing supercharger fan with spacer and AFR stands for air fuel ratio
    Thank you! I will begin to research!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Rxt-x looses power at 5500 rpm
    By Kiteboard pro in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-08-2014, 11:35 PM
  2. 2005 RXT - RPM Surges at WOT.
    By Va-Sea-Doo in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-22-2013, 03:27 PM
  3. RXT-X at Elevation- top speed question
    By Bigcat1 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-25-2008, 07:56 PM
  4. Normal RPM's at WOT for RXT?
    By rocko672 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-06-2006, 10:14 AM
  5. RXT speed/rpm loss... FOUND IT... but...
    By Shibby1485 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-19-2006, 11:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •