RXT-X RPM's at Elevation 5670

Guys-

I have 14 hours on the new ski, the 10 hour checked out fine and the oil level is correct. I am pulling 7420 max RPM's at 5670 Feet above sea level. I will always be riding at these higher lakes (as that is where I live).

Question- Will a 4in air intake help me increase RPM's? I plan on adding a R&D grate and having Jim true (and add skegs) to my ride plate. I am not trying to hit 90- I just what to maximize my investment. Would a prop help? Do I need a younger wife? I am open to suggestions!

Thank you for answering!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcat1 View Post
    Guys-

I have 14 hours on the new ski, the 10 hour checked out fine and the oil level is correct. I am pulling 7420 max RPM's at 5670 Feet above sea level. I will always be riding at these higher lakes (as that is where I live).

Question- Will a 4in air intake help me increase RPM's? I plan on adding a R&D grate and having Jim true (and add skegs) to my ride plate. I am not trying to hit 90- I just what to maximize my investment. Would a prop help? Do I need a younger wife? I am open to suggestions!

Thank you for answering!
    air intake should help you get the sc to breath better at your high RAD propbalbly of 6 to 7,000 ft.
    I dont know what prop will be good for you but for starters you can take alot of pitch out of the end of the prop and will gain rpms. just not sure if the stocker can handle a 500 rpm reduciton.

+1
    Buy a air intake RRSC wheel with a spacer...then pitch up for rpm...you should be good on the AFR. BUT CHECK IT.

Quote Originally Posted by jawz View Post
    Buy a air intake RRSC wheel with a spacer...then pitch up for rpm...you should be good on the AFR. BUT CHECK IT.

Thannk you- the only question is what does that mean? Riva Racing Super Charger Clutch Wheel? I live in Montana and as you might imagine there are not many super tuners for jet skis- Ski- Doo's yes- Sea-Doo's not so much.

+1
    Thannk you- the only question is what does that mean? Riva Racing Super Charger Clutch Wheel? I live in Montana and as you might imagine there are not many super tuners for jet skis- Ski- Doo's yes- Sea-Doo's not so much.

PM Jerry (Green Hulk)

He was referring to the Rotax Racing supercharger fan with spacer and AFR stands for air fuel ratio

+1
    Your getting about the same rpms as I am on a stage II rxp- I am thinking about swaping to a 14/19 impeller

This is at 6300ft

Quote Originally Posted by greasyginzo View Post
    He was referring to the Rotax Racing supercharger fan with spacer and AFR stands for air fuel ratio
    Thank you! I will begin to research!

Thread Information