waverunner loosing power

I just became the owner of a 2000 waverunner suv. I got caught in a pretty nasty storm last weekend and the next time I took it out it ran fine for about 10 minutes and then it began to loose power. It would slow and then quit. After a rest I could get it started but it would slowly stall. After I got towed in, I noticed 2 of the hoses that connect the oil/fule to where the throttle cable connects were off. (oil in the bilge) I reconnected them but now when I run it, it still runs for a period of time and looses power. Top speed is 40 now as compared to 55 from before the hoses were off. Do I have to bleed the lines that have come off? What do I need to do? Any info would be great

Sounds like you lost your oiling and maybe toasted the motor. Check compression.

I'm kind of a nube. How would I check the compression? When we start it at first, all seems well, ... we start off in a no wake zone so we can't just floor it from there. Sounded like it was either misfireing or sputtering yesterday and kind of evened out but low rpms and low speed.

United States
    You lost the lubrication to the motor and have squeeked your pistons time for a overhaul. get a compression tester from any autoparts store and check cylinder compression. should be around 120 on all three if it is good.

Thread Information