Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How fast?

How fast?

I just bought an 05 honda r 12x off a board member with a Stage2 Macboost kit on it. The ski rides and performs flawlessly but is a little disappoining in performance. I will be GPS'ing it today but suspect it's only around 63-64mph (speedo is reading 67-6. How fast should the ski be with this kit and 93 octane? What rpm's do I want to be at? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by HighPSI; 07-20-2008 at 11:04 AM.

I think mac should chime in but i would guess 64-66 and if its really hot you might want to mix some race gas in there so the chip dont cut the engine out but if you go to http://macsboost.com/ and scroll down the page and go to the forums and you should find all you need

Thanks! I just registered there today. I guess my performance is about what it should be for a Stage2 I am thinking about putting a progressive alcohol injection kit on it and raising the boost. I have a lot of experience with this in the automotive arena.

+1
    spinning 180K at 15psi on that teensy turbo...blowin' hot air above that too.

speed is good. Hull/pump work..grind the grate..get nitro to rework the plate and fill holes..might get 65. stg2 mac kit is for holeshot more than topend.

did you drill holes in your rxpx pump shoe ramp?

Rode the ski for 50 miles today and really like it. Unfortunatly, it is only making 12 psi of boost and running 58.6 mph at only 5700 rpm. It's the wife's ski and she say's it's ok if that is all it runs. I'm not happy and am going to find the missing hp. I will say it used half the fuel as the other 3 skis riding with me.

dav_dman: Yes, I drilled the pump shoe on the RXP-X even though I wasn't having a problem.

+1
    I've heard the Macc stage 2 kit is good for acceleration and about 65ish without tripping the overboost alarm, I'm sure you've checked the pump... but if it looks dinged or stock... check the air filter, plugs all that stuff, I'm sure you've hit all that, but with a honda... not much goes wrong.

I've got a stock 05 R-12x and I love my gas consumption! It beats any other ski I've owned hands down.

BIG TIP, make sure to keep the turbo and wastegate linkage lubbed (specially these pieces) , either spray the entire engine down with CRC-656 or I used fluid film and liked it but found it... different.... either way you gotta lube your chit man. It could be this piece easily fixed is binding?
    Last edited by cigarlust; 07-21-2008 at 07:45 PM. Reason: I'm a tard

+1
    My 2004 F-12X MacsBoost Stage II (JetWings) GPS at 64 MPH. My speedo will say 66 at the highest. My RPM's are at 6,450 to 6,500 RPM's.

BTW, how do you like your RXP-X? How does it handle compared to the R-12X with the JetWings? Give the handling a grade for each PWC.
    Last edited by Carlos Thomas; 07-25-2008 at 10:47 AM.

Thanks guys. I may have found half of the problem. The ski has a prop that is much steeper than what comes in the kit. I was told it's around a 31 (?). I have a 17.5/29 I am going to try. I really need to find more boost, to get a true idea what prop to run.

high boost if you have a 18/30 prop that is too steep and is why you are at 5700 rpms.put the stock oe and you will see a difference also i intrested in that prop if you want to sell it?

I just swapped in a 17.5/29 prop. If that does the trick, I'll sell the other prop.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information