Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Honestly can Anderson Silva be beat??

Wow I want to see him fight Forrest... Or Rampage... Awsome accuracy with his punches...

I can't think of anyone in 205 or 185 that can beat him...
    In the UFC anyways...

+1
    All I can say is I hope he sticks around in 205. His response if he'd continue fighting in 205 seemed a little unsure.

+1
    Anderson Silva toyed with Forrest Griffin. He made him look like it was his first fight in the UFC.........amazing performance....

Now he needs to fight GSP or Machida........nobody else should get in the octagon with him unless they want to be embarrassed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by H2HO View Post
    Anderson Silva toyed with Forrest Griffin. He made him look like it was his first fight in the UFC.........amazing performance....

Now he needs to fight GSP or Machida........nobody else should get in the octagon with him unless they want to be embarrassed.
    Once you realy get knocked the fuck out ( In Forest case- Keith Jardine) your sesptable to getting knocked out easily. Forest has been knocked out 3 out of his last 6 fights. As much a I hate to say it IMO Forest is done. Same for Chuck, once he got knocked out by Rampage he has been knocked out 3 out of his last 5 fights.

Its time to make things interesting, Anderson needs to go for the belt. He needs to climb up the ladder and fight Rampage, Rashad (hopefully Rashad aint done after that devistating Machida knock out), and Machida. Thats when it will get interesting. I will pay for each one of those fights If Dana wants to make some money he'll start working on those fights ASAP.

+1
    I heard Forrest's jaw broke and he lost hearing in one ear

+1
    Anderson and Machida have both been on a tear. Both have similar styles and are training partners/friends. That fight won't happen. Both are extremely hard to hit and both are very accurate with counter strikes.
    IMO, the way to beat both is to get them to the ground secure top position and pound away and strike until you open up the door for a submission. If they defend the sub, strike again, ala Fedor. The worst thing you can do with Anderson/Machida is to stand and trade with them.

I think the best guy currently is a healthy Shogun. He has the tools to beat both. He is very well rounded, with solid takedowns, gnp, and a very solid jits game. Under pride rules this guy was an animal but without soccer kicks/foot stomps his best bet is take it to the ground. I'd also throw in Damian Maia since he could sub anyone. His jits are INSANE, he just needs to not get hurt on his feet. I definitely think it's gonna take someone GREAT on the ground to take these guys out.

+1
    A little chin wont hurt. Hendo was probably the only fighter that beat Silva in a round (points).
    Cote lasted pretty long too.

Man. Forrest got PUNKED big time. Silva mad him look like a fool. IMO…He needs to fight GSP! That’s the fight I want to see! GSP come up in weight! Lets get it on. GSP has great ground game, and can take down Silva…Another fight possibility would be Rampage. Whom eveer Silva fights better be ready…Silva knocked out James Irving the same way just a little SLAP shot to the jaw!

+1
    I dont know who can beat Anderson. An explosive wrestler with a good chin and crushing top game might grind out a victory. Let's see how Tito looks when he comes back.

I'm just fired up to be going to my first UFC in a month's time

+1
    I can't believe that fight. It was straight up embarrassing on behalf of Forest. He looked like he was paid to take a fall and he did it so flamboyantly I swear it was true. I really was in shock after I watched it. GSP is good but is good because he is big for his weight class and has great skills. I think if he went up in weight he would get owned in the octagon. Silva should try to go for the belt at the higher weight class IMO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information