Thread: Honda Aquatrax?

Honda Aquatrax?

I am looking to buy some 05' R12X's and I'm just wondering why there are so many left over Hondas. Are they unreliable? or do they just not have a good reputation since they are a new company in the jet ski bussiness.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Actually the Hondas have a very high reputation in reliability. As far as the # of 05s, I know there was a massive amount of surplus skis that year but I don't know why.

+1
    I always kind of liked the Hondas for being dependable and fuel efficient...
    there were rumors last year that Honda may pull out of the PWC business but they are back in 2008 so who knows. Their performance models were plagued with turbo lag which I know pissed off some owners, and they have proven to be very limited with regard to speed modifications due to restrictions of the hull design. Translation--it takes a lot of money to make them fast.

If memory serves me, they basically screwed themselves by demanding separate floor space for their watercraft and at that point a lot of dealers in their network said screw it we can make more money on other brands without the corporate branding restrictions and dedicated floor space. There was a big brew-ha-ha on another PWC forum with several dealers last year bitching about this, I remember they were really pissed at Honda...
    Last edited by YoYamma; 07-20-2008 at 06:07 PM.

You will always find left-over hondas, especially skis and ATVs. . . I've seen brand new 3 model years ago stuff sitting in showrooms.

Jay

I have a friend with the R12X..... I can say without a doubt that it has the nicest fit/finish out of any ski I have seen, he has looked into making it faster (he is getting 61-62MPH on GPS) but its quite expensive to get it into stock RXP territory. I can also tell you that it has very little storage compared to alot of the other skis.

Quote Originally Posted by MVR 155 View Post
    I have a friend with the R12X..... I can say without a doubt that it has the nicest fit/finish out of any ski I have seen, he has looked into making it faster (he is getting 61-62MPH on GPS) but its quite expensive to get it into stock RXP territory. I can also tell you that it has very little storage compared to alot of the other skis.

R series has like 10 gallons of storage...which stinks I can tell you...but the F series has over 25 gallons...and that's nice. I have both.
    THe showroom demands of Honda put them in a hard place on new sales over the years, I think they have re-thought that and you see the new models next to the Sea-doos also. I have no noticeable lag on either of my skis, they are very fast, they won't run 70+ but they get close enough and in a hurry.

Thread Information