Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: mooring

  1. #1

    mooring

    I always keep the ski in the garage, but im going down to the lake this weekend and trailering. Were staying for a couple nights, and there wont be room on the dock for the ski. Im planning to moor a little offshore (the docks in a cove). What do you guys do? Ill probably bring come cinderblocks, a mooring line with a clip, and a shock absorber that you loop part of the line around. Im gonna make a loop thatll go thru the eye of the ski (like on the trailer) thats big enough to keep the clip from hitting the ski and will prevent it from scratching the plastic eye. Anything else I should think about? idk about keeping the ski in the water for a few days, either? I dont have a bilge pump.......water in the bilge? leaks I dont know about? etc......


  2. #2
    jpeconsult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pineville, LA
    Posts
    5,448
    +1
    1
    You can 't tie-off a boat that is at the dock?

  3. #3
    King_Of_Fun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Catawba Island, Ohio
    Posts
    2,703
    My big concern would be water leaking into the hull. I had my '03 GTX SC in the water for a week one time, and on the last day it felt real heavy. When I pulled it out on the trailer, lots of warm water came out the drains. That's why I keep it on a Jet Dock now. Apparently, the bailer tubes didn't get the water out, or I was going too slow... Ron

  4. #4
    lludacrisboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    255
    Well, you can go out and buy a temporary morring system which is nothing more then a long corkscrew design that you hand drill into the bottom with a long rope.

    Or...

    What i did at my Lake House, is i took a 5 gallon bucket and poured a bag of quick set mixing cement into with a I hook sticking out the top or anything thats metal that you can take a rope too, then just drop that off the back of the ski or bury it out there and our alll set!!


    Have Fun!

  5. #5
    outboard john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Escondido, Ca.
    Posts
    474
    +1
    2
    I leave my RXP on an anchor for days on end while on vacation at the colorado river and never a problem.....knock on wood

    OBJ

  6. #6
    ok thanks...ill probably pull it after a night to see if theres any leakage but ive got the rest worked out

  7. #7
    State of Confusion BartenderSmalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wellington, Florida
    Posts
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    ok thanks...ill probably pull it after a night to see if theres any leakage but ive got the rest worked out
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts...3756.m14.l1318

    Hey Bro, might save you some hassle. I was just looking for "stuff" for my ski and came across this on eBay. Looks simple..cheap, convenient. Might work..

  8. #8
    walkerRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by outboard john View Post
    I leave my RXP on an anchor for days on end while on vacation at the colorado river and never a problem.....knock on wood

    OBJ
    +1
    I use a corckscrew and bury it deep in about 5ft of water for 10 days at a time up in northern MI. I have thru hull and RE blockoff's (non-stock ways for water to get in) and usually have only drops in the bottom when i pull it out.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    I always keep the ski in the garage, but im going down to the lake this weekend and trailering. Were staying for a couple nights, and there wont be room on the dock for the ski. Im planning to moor a little offshore (the docks in a cove). What do you guys do? Ill probably bring come cinderblocks, a mooring line with a clip, and a shock absorber that you loop part of the line around. Im gonna make a loop thatll go thru the eye of the ski (like on the trailer) thats big enough to keep the clip from hitting the ski and will prevent it from scratching the plastic eye. Anything else I should think about? idk about keeping the ski in the water for a few days, either? I dont have a bilge pump.......water in the bilge? leaks I dont know about? etc......
    Sounds like you have everything under control. I have used a cheap little anchor in the front of the ski and used a bouy bag on the back, both were contacted with bungee cords and the skis did not go any where for the busy memorial day weekend.

  10. #10
    Resident Jicky Jack Jeff C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    1,153
    find yourself an empty 16 oz. plastic pop bottle and tie that in series to make a buoy. That way when you take off for a ride, you can locate the line again without having to go down and find it every time.....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 300x leans to left while riding and while moored.
    By rsg1963 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-21-2012, 08:55 PM
  2. FS - Parts 06 Gtx plastic & moore
    By Palm Beach Punisher in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 07:37 PM
  3. Travel cover vs. Mooring cover
    By vwDavid in forum Sea Doo Sport Boats
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2011, 08:09 PM
  4. le moore california
    By Insanediego Joe in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-08-2010, 11:57 AM
  5. Floating Pontoons/Moorings
    By plakes in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-10-2008, 04:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •