Thread: mooring

mooring

I always keep the ski in the garage, but im going down to the lake this weekend and trailering. Were staying for a couple nights, and there wont be room on the dock for the ski. Im planning to moor a little offshore (the docks in a cove). What do you guys do? Ill probably bring come cinderblocks, a mooring line with a clip, and a shock absorber that you loop part of the line around. Im gonna make a loop thatll go thru the eye of the ski (like on the trailer) thats big enough to keep the clip from hitting the ski and will prevent it from scratching the plastic eye. Anything else I should think about? idk about keeping the ski in the water for a few days, either? I dont have a bilge pump.......water in the bilge? leaks I dont know about? etc......

+1
    You can 't tie-off a boat that is at the dock?

My big concern would be water leaking into the hull. I had my '03 GTX SC in the water for a week one time, and on the last day it felt real heavy. When I pulled it out on the trailer, lots of warm water came out the drains. That's why I keep it on a Jet Dock now. Apparently, the bailer tubes didn't get the water out, or I was going too slow... Ron

Well, you can go out and buy a temporary morring system which is nothing more then a long corkscrew design that you hand drill into the bottom with a long rope.

Or...

What i did at my Lake House, is i took a 5 gallon bucket and poured a bag of quick set mixing cement into with a I hook sticking out the top or anything thats metal that you can take a rope too, then just drop that off the back of the ski or bury it out there and our alll set!!

Have Fun!

+1
    I leave my RXP on an anchor for days on end while on vacation at the colorado river and never a problem.....knock on wood

OBJ

ok thanks...ill probably pull it after a night to see if theres any leakage but ive got the rest worked out

State of Confusion BartenderSmalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    ok thanks...ill probably pull it after a night to see if theres any leakage but ive got the rest worked out
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts...3756.m14.l1318

Hey Bro, might save you some hassle. I was just looking for "stuff" for my ski and came across this on eBay. Looks simple..cheap, convenient. Might work..

Quote Originally Posted by outboard john View Post
    I leave my RXP on an anchor for days on end while on vacation at the colorado river and never a problem.....knock on wood

OBJ
    +1
    I use a corckscrew and bury it deep in about 5ft of water for 10 days at a time up in northern MI. I have thru hull and RE blockoff's (non-stock ways for water to get in) and usually have only drops in the bottom when i pull it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    I always keep the ski in the garage, but im going down to the lake this weekend and trailering. Were staying for a couple nights, and there wont be room on the dock for the ski. Im planning to moor a little offshore (the docks in a cove). What do you guys do? Ill probably bring come cinderblocks, a mooring line with a clip, and a shock absorber that you loop part of the line around. Im gonna make a loop thatll go thru the eye of the ski (like on the trailer) thats big enough to keep the clip from hitting the ski and will prevent it from scratching the plastic eye. Anything else I should think about? idk about keeping the ski in the water for a few days, either? I dont have a bilge pump.......water in the bilge? leaks I dont know about? etc......
    Sounds like you have everything under control. I have used a cheap little anchor in the front of the ski and used a bouy bag on the back, both were contacted with bungee cords and the skis did not go any where for the busy memorial day weekend.

find yourself an empty 16 oz. plastic pop bottle and tie that in series to make a buoy. That way when you take off for a ride, you can locate the line again without having to go down and find it every time.....

Thread Information