Thread: jet pump

Question jet pump

Hello to all, I have a couple questions First I just got a 94 SL 750 with a good motor but no jet pump. I have a 93 SL 750 with a bad motor but a good jet pump. ? could I put the 93 pump on the 94?? 2nd ? their is a brown wire coming of the water rail on the 94 SL 750 that was cut and removed from the CDI box what is that wire? On the the 93 SL 750 their is a brown and a black wire coming from the water rail running into the cdi box could I use that wire? Or could I use the CDI box that is on the 93 in the 94 since the cdi box on the 94 was open and the wires from the stator were cut and removed from the cdi box.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    OH BOY!!!!! Where to start?

You can use the 93 jet pump, but I'd advise against it. It's smaller and will hurt performance over a 94 or newer jet pump. Look for a new pump IMO. You will want to align the engine and pump regardless of which you use.

The brown wire is for the overheat sensor. Not sure if the 2 wire set up will work with a single wire box.

You could use a 93 box in a 94 ski, but the connectors are all different from those years.

Sounds like you should put the engine in the 93 hull for the easiest solution. And use the waterbar from the 93 engine.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jmule98 View Post
    ...I just got a 94 SL 750 with a good motor but no jet pump.
    I have a 93 SL 750 with a bad motor but a good jet pump.
    could I put the 93 pump on the 94??

...there is a brown wire coming of the water rail on the 94 SL 750 that was cut and removed from the CDI box
    what is that wire?
    That would be the Tan overheat sensor wire. It connected to the MFD display to warn of overheat.

On the the 93 SL 750 there is a brown and a black wire coming from the water rail running into the CDI box could I use that wire?
    The Tan (brown) wire is the same temp overheat sensor, which in '93 just activated the warning buzzer.
    The black wire supplied ground to the low oil level sensor, which in turn could also activate the warning buzzer.

Or could I use the CDI box that is on the 93 in the 94 since the CDI box on the 94 was open and the wires from the stator were cut and removed from the cdi box.
    The CDI module lives inside the electrical box, which also contains several other electrical components and connections.
    The 1992 & 1993 models used a non-modular jet pump with a 146mm diameter impeller. The 1994 and later Polaris models used a much better, modular design jet pump that uses a 148mm impeller.

While you 'could' use the '93 SL750 non-modular jet pump on the 1994 SL750, you will have better performance if you can find a 148mm modular type jet pump. Have a look in the classifieds here, and check what the guys who part out PWC have available.

Note that the impeller must be matched to the engine power, so you can use a modular jet pump from any 1994-2004 Polaris, but the impeller you put inside it must be appropriate for the 1994 SL750 engine power.

This should not be hard to find, just something to keep in mind when shopping for the modular jet pump.

If you are interested in further upgrading your SL750, look for an extended jet pump, or add the extension ring, long driveshaft and longer pump mounting bolts to a 'short' modular pump. Matched with an extended ride plate, these will improve the ride and handling, especially in rough water.

If you have not done so, download the 1992-1998 Factory Service Manual.

Thread Information