Ran fine and now it's shuttering really bad

So after a good day of riding I put ski away and went to take it out with the wifey for a little ride and when I thumbed the starter button the ski started with what felt like a shutter . Sure enough when I tried the accel it shuttered really bad . Idled it back to the trailer and when I went to drive it on I could not get up on the trailer . Engine would rev with alot of vibration but not alot of forward motion . Finally got a look at things and nothing looked damaged . Any ideas . Should I pull the grate down to see if anything is jammed . Any info would be appriciated .

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Actually sounds like you sucked something in to the pump................

I occasionally have that problem, it usually ends up being some moss that has gotten sucked up in to the pump.

look under the trailer. You can see if you sucked up something. Had that happen to me yesterday...

had the same thing happen to me twice. Once was a piece of wood that got sucked up and jammed onto one of the prop blades, The other was a big long piece of weed that got all wrapped up around the prop. If you can get under or roll the ski over 90 degrees you can see and access the prop w/o having to remove the grate. I personally use the jack spinner bar thing from my wife's Subaru to reach in thru the grate and dislodge things.

Where in NJ are you Davy? It looks like we might be semi-neighbors.
    Last edited by Daily Llama; 07-21-2008 at 03:14 PM.

And the winner is Sirbreaksalot . I did inspect the ski inside and out and it turns out the plugs have fouled out again after only 35 hours . Turns out that at idle it runs fine and smooth but as soon as you load the engine it developes a miss in the engine caused by a bad plug , Ski runs strong again . I put plugs in it after only 16 hours when I first bought it .

Put the factory plugs in only cause I was able to get them cheap enough .
    I plan on putting in a better plug as soon as I find them .

amInuts
    NY land of finger lakes-great lakes & 1000 islands

Question What's up with these spark plugs?

My toys be them from the shadow of Mt. Fugi, the Great White North or even the all American Polaris Scrambler, have always loved NGK. Last years spark plugs gave me this years first ride on 3 out of 4 cylinders at first. After a few minutes, it came to life.
    I attributed it to simply giving me a bit of an attitude for the long lonely winter in the garage with only an occasional "hi sweetie, I miss you and I love you"
    The next time out, it was 3 cylinders again. After much blood and gore swapping coils, checking injectors, compression, filters etc I nailed it down to a bad plug. Of course no one had them either, not even my Kawi dealer. His parts guy gave me the wrong ones. (can you say "affirmative action?"
    Anyway my baby's back with an attitude alright. A 'Kick a.." attitude. My question is : Has anyone found a definate better plug? If so what are they? I have only various aspiration and handling mods from R&D, Riva and R-Rated. Nothing major. Any good plugs out there?

Thread Information