Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: LB2CAT

All I Want......Is All You Got! Fateracing's Avatar

LB2CAT

For those of you who haven't heard, Kawasaki swept this year's Long Beach to Catalina race. Kawasaki's Craig Warner 1st, G-Force 2nd and 3rd. I was impressed with the SHO, riddin by Taylor Curtis (freerider), 8th place. he told me he stopped 3 times during the race. The SHO was towed to the start area by a Yam SUV to conserve fuel. He finished the race w/ the low fuel buzzer sounding.
    The water conditions were really rough. Lee Phan finished 4th on his RXT. Steve Friebe was top RXP finisher in 7th place. Steve was a animal on his RXP today, given the water condition.
    Last edited by Fateracing; 07-20-2008 at 11:49 PM.

+1
    Them Kawi's are great rough water machines... compliment them with great riders and you get this year's LB2Cat winners!

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fateracing View Post
    For those of you who haven't heard, Kawasaki swept this year's Long Beach to Catalina race. Kawasaki's Craig Warner 1st, G-Force 2nd and 3rd. I was impressed with the SHO, riddin by Taylor Curtis (freerider), 8th place. he told me he stopped 3 times during the race. The SHO was towed to the start area by a Yam SUV to conserve fuel. He finished the race w/ the low fuel buzzer sounding.
    The water conditions were really rough. Lee Phan finished 4th on his RXT. Steve Friebe was top RXP finisher in 7th place. Steve was a animal on his RXP today, given the water condition.
    Did he say why he stopped during the race.....if he was having a gremlin issue.....i want to make sure i address it b4 i race in August in the offshore endurance race

All I Want......Is All You Got! Fateracing's Avatar
    He said he was just getting hot. Most guys wear a farmer john w/ a rash guard. Taylor was wearing a full one-piece Jet Pilot wetsuit. This along w/ blister's to his hands is why he stopped. The SHO did great, but Craig Warner on Ultra checked out big time (meaning is he was waaaayyyyy out front). Nobody was even close to him at the finish.

+1
    The blisters suck from doing that ride! Makes it hard just to hold the handlebar.

+1
    Congrats to Kawi they got blessed/lucky this year with super rough water...
    RXT 4th, congrats to Lee Phan---again!!!
    RXT's and P's kicked their azzes last year as I recall, Nick Vanis and Lee Phan first and second place, were there any X-skis out there this year???

Big props to all that came out and raced. I dont give a crap what you were on. That was one hell of a race. Those that entered, and finished, will have a story forever. Memories will last. Lets hear them. John, congrats to you man.
    You came in a fresh water guy, and left with salt all over you. I know you'll be back for more next year! Congrats to EVERYONE!

Their were some T-X's out there as well as the SHO. I don’t want to start no stuff, but man, I was impressed by the SHO…It will be a contender! The T-X rider finished 6th I think, and the guy on the SHO finished 8th I believe. This year was a good showing by everyone! We had 42 racers. Lots of "GET OFF's" at least 5 or so. It was brutal…Cant wait till next year, lets see if we can get 55-60 racers come race the best offshore race in the world!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by aha View Post
    The blisters suck from doing that ride! Makes it hard just to hold the handlebar.
    ouch, yeah blisters would be nasty, seems like good gloves would help prevent that at least a little...
    I can't imagine wearing a full wet suit that's gotta be hot...

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    He said he was just getting hot. Most guys wear a farmer john w/ a rash guard. Taylor was wearing a full one-piece Jet Pilot wetsuit. This along w/ blister's to his hands is why he stopped.
    ouch........now i see why he stopped....u guys r frickin hardcore....cant wait to race with ya....ive got a lot of training to do.........

Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post
    Big props to all that came out and raced. I dont give a crap what you were on. That was one hell of a race. Those that entered, and finished, will have a story forever. Memories will last. Lets hear them. John, congrats to you man.
    You came in a fresh water guy, and left with salt all over you. I know you'll be back for more next year! Congrats to EVERYONE!

Their were some T-X's out there as well as the SHO. I don’t want to start no stuff, but man, I was impressed by the SHO…It will be a contender! The T-X rider finished 6th I think, and the guy on the SHO finished 8th I believe. This year was a good showing by everyone! We had 42 racers. Lots of "GET OFF's" at least 5 or so. It was brutal…Cant wait till next year, lets see if we can get 55-60 racers come race the best offshore race in the world!
    Be careful......complimenting a Yammi on this side can be hazardous to ur health...

and oh yeah....congratz again to all the racers..............ill be there next year fo sho

The most interesting man in the world. Nils888's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    He said he was just getting hot. Most guys wear a farmer john w/ a rash guard. Taylor was wearing a full one-piece Jet Pilot wetsuit. This along w/ blister's to his hands is why he stopped.
    ouch........now i see why he stopped....u guys r frickin hardcore....cant wait to race with ya....ive got a lot of training to do.........

Be careful......complimenting a Yammi on this side can be hazardous to ur health...

and oh yeah....congratz again to all the racers..............ill be there next year fo sho
    There ya go again!!! stering the pot!!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information