Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Life is Supercharged (without ceramics)
    +1

debating RXP purchase... misunderstood

i think u guys misunderstood my frustration, i have all of my paperwork ready, cash in hand and the seller all lined up when i discovered this cermaic washer issue.

I apologize about my previous comment and i truly appreciate your advice, hence i have changed ideas into a different direction to obtain a better jet so i can avoid some of these issues. Your help has made me look for a better jet and surely enough one has come along that is closer to my destinatio as well, and its a dealer jet so it will come with a limited warranty but a warranty at least.

That being said, i just called a dealership in NC to get me a serviced unit, its a bit more expensive. Ive given up on my other option as it has too many hours and is asking too much for its condition.

But it is newer (2005) and has fewer hours (41).
    I think you guys missed my point regardless but in any case im getting a jet ski of some sort this coming Friday. Seadoo or a honda, the dealer has both and some yamahas as well. I would like to stick to the rxp since ive always wanted one, but i hate these little issues that could be hidden and could possibly be avoided if im cautious enough. The honda is an R-12, non turbo and looks like the first generation yamahas, not too impressed with the styling but they got good reviews.

So what do you guys think about this one ?

So that being said, lower hours are better for this ceramic issue? The dealer confirmed the supercharger was tested and the "wear rings" have been replaced, is that the same thing as the washers? I still want to get the RXP but what do you guys think, better choice overall, wear rings replaced should help im guessing too.

I also asked the dealer about the ceramics and they did not know, however they confirmed it will go to 8100 rpm and the supercharger was tested, they will also issue a compression report.

So now am i on the right track? Im not worried about the jet once i get it, i just dont want to buy a machine that runs RIGHT NOW and then will break down while im on vacation with no tools, and no time to service it either.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by linuxglobal; 07-21-2008 at 12:46 AM.

+1
    These boats are pretty good aye. You cant really go wrong. just make sure you change out the ceramic washers and its good to go. That looks like a pretty tidy ski.

+1
    in canada all you see is seadoos so thats why im actually looking for one.

When it comes to the washers, the wear rings, is that the washers the dealer is talking about or are they generally called something else?

Im leaving to get it on Thursday night, driving 12 hrs so im pretty excited, hence i dont plan on being dissapointed when i get there.

Im gonna search the forums a bit more to find out what it takes to replace the washers, i found a checklist before but i have to just look for it again. Im thinking if its a swap i can do on the trailer and its around 3-4 hrs i can prob do it one evening while im at the vacation home.

Thanks again.

Washers and wear ring are two completely different items, the washers are inside the supercharger and the wear ring is what surrounds the impeller that drives the ski, when the wear ring gets worn the tolerance is not as tight and performance can be lost. Make sure you replace the supercharger washers as soon as you get the ski so you wont have any issues.

+1
    i just ordered my washers this morning, have to just send the paypal payment. I finally found the instruction files postead in the how to so ive been going through them. It looks relatively simple if i was at home with all of my tools.

You guys think i should bring a vise with me on vacation and swap them out as soon as i get the jet?

Absolutely, get those ceramics outta there asap!

Quote Originally Posted by italianstallion314 View Post
    Absolutely, get those ceramics outta there asap!
    I agree 100%

You need a special tool for removing the washers!

I would just send the supercharger to Jerry and have him install the washers.....

+1 for RXP

And DO NOT buy that non-turbo Honda. I've got a couple of Turbos (F-12X and R-12X), and even those don't really stand a chance against an RXP... maybe chance from a 20mph roll to ~50mph, but that's it. The Honda's don't lend well to modding either (at least not as well as the RXPs).

I love the Hondas for what they are, but if you're looking for something to tear it up and go fast.. RXP. If you want cruising with still good performance (and some handling and "lightness" feel for the R-12X), get a Honda... just make sure it's a Turbo model (2005 or newer). Both of mine have been 100% reliable since new. I haven't done anything except change the oil a few times.

My P-X has been VERY reliable so far too, but I know I will eventually have some issues. Small price to pay for the performance it gives. And as for quality "feel", the P-X feels every bit as quality as the Hondas do to me, if not better in some areas.

-=Mike G.

+1
    dude have the dealer install RIVA washers as a condition of the sale..tell him he can get them from jerry who is a Riva distributor..he knows Riva already..he will warrantee. Have it done now so it's ready when you get there.

The 05 has an issue with flywheel bolts. He can get the kit from jerry. You pay for it, but agree on cost with dealer in advance. Some 04's and early 05's had issue with valve spring breaking...your warranty is for that.

Get an 06 or get these things done or get a honda. I have rxp and honda and rxp is great but you must fix little things before your first ride or at some point you will be really bummed out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information