Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Warning Beeper 1998 Sea Doo GTX

After warm up period on water yesterday warning beep went off for about 2 or < seconds and stops. Its a single beep. This would happen as long as I ran the PWC. Every couple of minutes or so. Sometimes right after cold start too. Everything seems normal but I decided not to use PWC for rest of weekend. To be on safe side. I started it up tonight to bring to the ramp to take it out and the beep never sounded once !

NOTE: After the couple of seasons the warning beep in general sometimes just decides not to work at all, not even the quick two chirps at start up. For no reason its decides to work again. PWC is fine working order except gas gauge indicator does not work.

Whats going on here?

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by msd58; 07-21-2008 at 02:36 PM.

Still crazy after all these beers Mac Daddy Racing's Avatar
    The gas gauge will cause the beeps. There is a way to "jumper" out the fuel indicator. I can't remember the exact wires at this time.

Thanks! Well the fuel sender (I assume is the problem with gas gauge) stoped working last season. I never heard the single 2 < second beep till this year. I just want to make sure that i am not doing something wrong.

Still crazy after all these beers Mac Daddy Racing's Avatar
    You can find a manual for your ski on this site (FREE) and it will tell you what beeps mean what. With the tether off the ski, press the start button five times, put the tether back on, and press start. If it starts, all is good, if it beeps (with out starting) the number of beeps gives the tech an idea of what may be wrong. But since yours starts and runs (other than beeping), it is most likely the fuel sender telling you that the fuel is low. If I remember correctly you disconnect the wires from the sender in the tank, and use a paper clip in connector for the wires back to the MPEM unit. This will indicate a "FULL" tank on the dash. The sending unit may have a float that is no-longer a float (sinker) or one of the fuses blew on the baffel or the magnet fell off the float. All the items can be fixed on the "HOW TO" Section on this site. Even has pics of what to do. I did mine two years ago.

Welcome to the forum by the way..

Thanks! My big concern was that it was beeping for some other reason like the oil blending unit craped or something like that. I looked up all the beep codes yesterday and it did not really indicate what the beep would be for with the exception of low fuel but my tank was full. That was the closest description to my what was going on with my GTX. Engine temp was running around 110*F before I turned around and cam back.
    Last edited by msd58; 07-21-2008 at 02:35 PM.

Master of the Dooniverse
    just short the two wires together, cutting out the baffle and it'll stop. be warned the gauge will read full so you'll need ot watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wayniac View Post
    just short the two wires together, cutting out the baffle and it'll stop. be warned the gauge will read full so you'll need ot watch it.
    I saw the wiring plug coming of the fuel sender in the "HowTo" section on this site. Are you saying just cut the plug off and splice wires togther?

Much thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by msd58 View Post
    I saw the wiring plug coming of the fuel sender in the "HowTo" section on this site. Are you saying just cut the plug off and splice wires togther?

Much thanks
    Yes 2 pink wires.

Quote Originally Posted by water worx View Post
    Yes 2 pink wires.
    OK I'll give that a try. According to the other posts the LED fuel indicator should read full. Its blank now.

I just got started working on the Sea Doo. I unplugged the two pink wires from the male to female connector. Will just disconnecting the wires stop the false low fuel beeping? Or do I still need to short out the two pink wires? I assume that the pink wires that need to shorted out are the ones coming from the front of thee ski (MPEM) and not the ones from the fuel baffle according to Mac Ddaddy's post. This will not short out the MPEM or something like that? I don't want to mess something up. Can you please clarify?
    Last edited by msd58; 07-22-2008 at 04:19 PM. Reason: content

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information