Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Newb : ( JJLee138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    64

    Buying used XP, but VTS doesn't work?

    I'm currently in the market for a used 96 XP, but about 1/4 of the ones I can find anywhere within a couple hours drive have the VTS broken on them. Now I've never been on a ski that even had this feature. What does this mean to me? How bad is this going to effect the ride etc. Does it have to be fixed? Sorry, complete newb on this one. Thanks for any info!


  2. #2
    flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mahomet, Il. USA
    Posts
    6,004
    +1
    163
    VTS is the trim. you definitly need it on an XP. the motors are chap to replace...i think they are like 150 bucks to that effect. you can find a cheapy on e-bay. its easy to replace. most of the time its a fuse in one of the two electrical boxes.

  3. #3
    Newb : ( JJLee138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    VTS is the trim. you definitly need it on an XP. the motors are chap to replace...i think they are like 150 bucks to that effect. you can find a cheapy on e-bay. its easy to replace. most of the time its a fuse in one of the two electrical boxes.
    Good to know, thanks bro.

  4. #4
    1996XP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    168
    Make sure you update "accordian" (where the VTS arm goes into the hull on the ouutside) with the plastic clip type. Also found on ebay for next to nothing. That will ensure water keeps out of youe VTS motor.

    XPs definatly need the VTS. In even minor chop, they porpose really bad. I usually keep my jet aimed full down. Yeah i lose some top end, but it makes the ride barable.

  5. #5
    flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mahomet, Il. USA
    Posts
    6,004
    +1
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by 1996XP
    I usually keep my jet aimed full down. Yeah i lose some top end, but it makes the ride barable.
    Trim it 3/4 the way up and stand on the back end, squat down a bit, and pull back on the handle bars. this will get you to "skip" across the top of the chop. trimming it down usually beats you to death.

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Stockton, CA
    Posts
    2,677
    +1
    4
    Billy... that is about the coolest link you (or anyone) have ever posted

    THANK YOU!

    Jeff

  8. #8
    1996XP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    Trim it 3/4 the way up and stand on the back end, squat down a bit, and pull back on the handle bars. this will get you to "skip" across the top of the chop. trimming it down usually beats you to death.

    hmm, I'll give it a try!! Thanks!! Makes me wish my VTS gauge worked now.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Buying a used Yamaha - How do the Taxes work?
    By SpeedDemon99 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-20-2016, 01:44 AM
  2. 96 XP VTS Gauge only working with half sweep
    By kbarrette in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-16-2012, 10:00 PM
  3. VTS doesn't work on 98 GSX LTD
    By tomgtv in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-22-2008, 08:23 PM
  4. Buying used Mods here and need advise??????????
    By 2006 RXT in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 03:01 PM
  5. Thinking of Buying Used 04 RXP and 03 GTX
    By Haislip in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-09-2006, 10:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •