Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXP-X Water getting in to hull

If I bring the hull under water (spinning in a circle) the hull fills with water, quick. My 06 RXP doesn't, I can submerge that thing all day and still dry. Other skis never did this. Any one??

Hmmm... yeah I spin mine around all the time, and have nose dived into the side of a boat wake (completly submerging the ski and most of myself) a couple of times and no water apparent in my ski. I've never once seen even traces of water in my ski (except INSIDE the VTS pump ).

If spinning does it, is it only when you spin right, or does it do it when you spin left too? Could be entering the hull vent hoses in front of the seat and on the right. Could also be entering through the front of the ski, for example where the hood opens.. maybe the hood strut hole (mine was loose when I got the ski... water could def. have gotten in there but I spotted it before I rode it.)

-=Mike G.

Hmmm, not sure if I went to the left or right. Did it twice, to make sure though. I have to believe it's coming in the vent tubes as they are pretty much open to the air. The front strut hole seal was off and I put that back on but still not big enough of a hole to get that kind of water in that quickly. gotta be the vent tubes?

Quote Originally Posted by haleyscomet View Post
    Hmmm, not sure if I went to the left or right. Did it twice, to make sure though. I have to believe it's coming in the vent tubes as they are pretty much open to the air. The front strut hole seal was off and I put that back on but still not big enough of a hole to get that kind of water in that quickly. gotta be the vent tubes?
    Or the rear hull intake under the back of the seat, in front of the grab handle. There's a large vent tube that attaches to an air silencer box under the grab handle. Water could possibly make it through there too. It's a large opening. I've removed the large vent tube and air silencer on mine.

-=Mike G.

Thanks Mikey. I didn't see that big hole I'm still leaning toward the vent tubes, why mine and nobody elses? I do a lot of long distance stuff in the great lakes, hate to take a couple big waves and swim 20 miles to shore....

check the gaskets under the storage bin

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52044

I read this thread,it is well worth the read!!

This is going to be a FYI topic. As Mikey G. pointed out, it does come in the vent tubes. Take a look at the chrome scoop on the right side, direct shot in to the tube. Also came in the tube in front of the seat. Didn't take the time to look at the back vent... Not a big deal not to bring it under on purpose, however, sometimes it just happens... Mental note.

+1
    It's not a submarine,C'mon use ur head for more than a hatrack

tweeker, I don't know anybody who has ridden more than a year who hasn't done or at least tried this maneuver. You seem to think this is some sort of jet ski abuse or lacking common sense????? Gimme a freegen break. Because you ride no more than a mile from the front your moms house in smooth water don't rip those of us that actually ride. The point is that when you're riding 10 miles offshore and hit weather or other wise encounter large waves, you will sometimes submerge. Sucks to swim that far back to shore and others who actually ride and don't consider 3 footers un-rideable might find this information useful. Oops, I forgot, how stupid it is to ride further than a mile from my house? You have at least heard of offshore riding? Two after market bilges are used, no ski is water proof. This one is less “waterproof” than others, in my experience. I like to know what my skis capabilities are. Don’t start calling me a dumb azz until you actually know what you’re talking about.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information