ultra 150 relay?

My buddy took his ultra 150 soleinod off because it saying on all time keeping the starter engauged so he bought one at the dealer,said he hooked back the same way as before but it looks like to me that he has lost something because there is just a little metal screw that holds the ground wire down going to the plastic e-box , told him that I can't see how that grounded itself but he says thats all there was there and the way the old one was installed ,so we reverse the red wires but that leaves us with nothing at all on the muti-gauge,put back them then the gauge comes back on, but nothing not even a click, the battery is good,went to babbits on line looked at a parts diagram but saw it the way he said it was,but I don't see how it going to get a ground compared to the old kawis that had the metal e-boxs? Also I saw on here where someone had down loaded a ultra 150 manual?

Quote Originally Posted by HBILLYJET View Post
    Also I saw on here where someone had down loaded a ultra 150 manual?
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56899

2000 Year model Manual

I just bought 2 Ultra 150's. One has slightly low compression on the front cylinder, but it's within 10%. The other was running pretty good (maybe needs a little carb cleaning because it would choke with full gas), until I jumped a small wave at about 30MPH and lost and my engine shut off. I tried restarting and only got a small clicking noise and the battery flashed like it was dead. I tested the battery several different ways and it's holding a charge and turns the low compression jetski over with no problem. I pulled the starter solenoid, then I opened it up, pulled everything apart and cleaned all the corroded, rusted contacts. After reading other posts it appears my starter is bad, but I'm going to check for connectivity to the starter today and if all else fails i'll pull the starter from the other jetski then order one.

The manuals listed for download in the link in the last post say their application is 03-05 year model Ultra 150's. I'm sure much of it is the same as the 2000 model, but is there a separate 2000 manual out there anywhere or should this be all I need?

I also noticed another site has the JH1100 but mine is JH1200, would that manual possibly work for me?

I'd also like a copy of the owners manual if anyone has it. Thanks so much for all the help anyone can provide!!

Quote Originally Posted by sjl1986 View Post
    The manuals listed for download in the link in the last post say their application is 03-05 year model Ultra 150's. I'm sure much of it is the same as the 2000 model, but is there a separate 2000 manual out there anywhere or should this be all I need?

I also noticed another site has the JH1100 but mine is JH1200, would that manual possibly work for me?
    The JH1100 is the 1100zxi and obviously totally different.

I would say that there is little differences between the '00 and '03 - '05 Ultras, so you should be fine.

Oh ok, thanks a lot. I really don't know that much about them. Hopefully the book will help!

Thread Information