Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

SHO Cruiser vs standard seat riding position

I recently bought a silver SHO cruiser, and I'm not sure if I can live with the seat. The reason I went with the cruiser was because I wanted a ski that would be comfortable on long rides with the wife. I'm 6'2" and when I first sat on the ski in the dealership it felt roomy enough, but after some long rides I may be changing my mind. The riding position feels quite low for me, and after comparing the pictures the standard SHO seat seems to put the operator a bit higher on the seat. If I replace the front section, I believe it is the same color grey/silver as the standard seat. If anyone has ridden both models I would appreciate hearing any comments on the differences between the two. Thanks.

I had both cruiser and non-cruiser front and back seats for my FXHO. I just sold the cruiser front seat.
    See if you can trade it for a non-cruiser front and then get HydroTurf seat covers.
    When my girl is on I use the cruiser back and when solo I use non-cruiser.

The non-cruiser seat front allows you to get into a more sport riding position.

Check and see if the FXHO and FX140 seats will fit on the SHO.

+1
    I just looked at the parts diagram, and unfortunately the HO and SHO seats are not the same. It would've been nice though. The SHO seats are $370 more...$770 kinda pricey. Maybe I'll swing by the dealership today and sit on the standard SHO before making up my mind.

+1
    when i had my 07 ho cruiser i put the non cruiser front seat on . . .and it looked like CACA!!!!! different color shade. . . not as much padding . . and just totally ruined the ski!!! im 6'1 . . i just delt with it and when i wanted to go further back i sat on the hump!!! never seemed to hurt it but i got rid of the ski with 30 hours on it . . .

I tried to switch the seats from my FXHO to my FXSHO and they wouldn't fit. I thought it would be cool to swap them around, but no dice.

+1
    I stopped by the dealership to compare the cruiser and standard seats, and they are the same color and texture. Luckily I bought the silver SHO. $770 is more than I want to spend on a new front section, so if anybody hears of any wrecked SHO's being parted out please let me know.

I would trade the cruiser front for a reg SHO cruiser front. There's gotta be a SHO owner who wants a cruiser front. Trade him even up and then get the non-cruiser front and cruiser back custom Hydro Turf seats.
    I'm 6'1 also and that cruiser front put me at to much of an upright angle for riding hard.

+1
    I would trade the cruiser front for a reg SHO cruiser front. There's gotta be a SHO owner who wants a cruiser front. Trade him even up and then get the non-cruiser front and cruiser back custom Hydro Turf seats.
    I'm 6'1 also and that cruiser front put me at to much of an upright angle for riding hard.Today 10:01 AM
    I've been considering the swap option as well, but I'm wondering if it's going to make a difference when it comes time to sell or trade in. BTW, thanks for the info on the Hydroturf seat covers. I didn't know anyone was making one for the cruiser seats. Asthetically, it's a big improvement over the somewhat monotone look of the stock boat. I also like the black mats more than the grey.

Here's the link for others who want to check it out:
    http://hydroturf.com/products.php?ca...ha&page=3&feat=

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    I stopped by the dealership to compare the cruiser and standard seats, and they are the same color and texture. Luckily I bought the silver SHO. $770 is more than I want to spend on a new front section, so if anybody hears of any wrecked SHO's being parted out please let me know.
    Mil....ur up the road from me...lets see if we can meet up one day....ill let u use the seat so u can get "riding time" to see if its the seat u want...and i can check out the cruiser seat ...........I dont want to swap....would be good to see the difference though

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    I've been considering the swap option as well, but I'm wondering if it's going to make a difference when it comes time to sell or trade in. BTW, thanks for the info on the Hydroturf seat covers. I didn't know anyone was making one for the cruiser seats. Asthetically, it's a big improvement over the somewhat monotone look of the stock boat. I also like the black mats more than the grey.

Here's the link for others who want to check it out:
    http://hydroturf.com/products.php?ca...a&page=3&feat=

If you change out your mats make sure you get the diamond cuts in black...I had them on one of my skis.....now that is a beautiful set of mats!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information