Started out good now nothing!!!!!!

I just got a 96 XP and It would start at the touch of the button took it out for the first time ran great hulled ass got a little funny when I would do a dounut. It would start to lose power but other than that ran great I took a little break and went out for more and it would not start I tried and tried untill the bat. died and now I can't get it started. It turns over I replaced all the fuel lines it had the grey ones could the filters in the carb be cloged? Like I said though it ran great at first I have spark I only checked one wire though maybe I should check both the comp. is 160 & 165 does this mean it needs a real strong batt. to get good spark it has a new walmart batt. in it everstart. Blows my mind because It would start so fast before this please help!!!!!

Start with the basics. Does it have fule and spark? I assume you replaced the lines before you rode it. See where the problem is and start in that area. I dont know your skill level and there are alot of guys on here that know way more then me, but basics like are you low enough on fuel it should be switched to reserve or maybe the plugs are fouled. None of this is meant to be an insult. I have overlooked the easy stuff before thinking it was way more serious when it was just a simple fouled plug.

Master of the Dooniverse
    - fuel valve on
    - plug boots on
    - battery fully charged (needs to be good, cranking softly won't do it)

Basics

Yeah I checked all the basics and I did not replace all the lines the first time I took it out did that after it stop running. Here's the weird thing it would not start after the lines were replaced so after thinking about it, I thought I will dump a little pre-mix in the carb see what happens fires right up. Now it starts every time I let it run for a cuple of min. then I shut her down hit the button again started right back up as soon as hit the button wow wtf is up with that. I'm happy but why wouldn't it start befor I dumped a little gas in her. You think the old gas line were shot and when I put the new ones in they just needed the motor to run for a min. to get primed? Can't wait to take her out again!!!!

+1
    yes the new fuel lines were empty. pulling the choke should help prime them and get fuel to the engine, but sometimes some fuel in the cylinders will help pull the fuel through the system.

glad you got her running again.

Thread Information