Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Upper Greenwood Lake, NJ
    Posts
    4

    only 60 on the dreamometer

    Last Season I was hitting 65-70 on the dash speedo but at the end of last season and so far this year I havn't gotten it to read anything over 60 (usually 59) I know it's nitpicking and i know the dash speedo isn't exactly trustworthy but what gives? I told the dealer about the issue last year when I had the 10hr tune done, they say everything looks ok. any ideas? I'm wondering if ive sucked in too many things and the prop blades are too nicked up to get me any faster. Or maybe something is screwy with the ECU and it thinks i'm using the SLO key?
    I've never used the SLO key so I don't know what the limit on that key is.
    Last edited by Daily Llama; 07-21-2008 at 03:32 PM.


  2. #2
    Ultra4ever drtbk4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Posts
    196
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Daily Llama View Post
    Last Season I was hitting 65-70 on the dash speedo but at the end of last season and so far this year I havn't gotten it to read anything over 60 (usually 59) I know it's nitpicking and i know the dash speedo isn't exactly trustworthy but what gives? I told the dealer about the issue last year when I had the 10hr tune done, they say everything looks ok. any ideas? I'm wondering if ive sucked in too many things and the prop blades are too nicked up to get me any faster. Or maybe something is screwy with the ECU and it thinks i'm using the SLO key?
    I've never used the SLO key so I don't know what the limit on that key is.
    From my understanding the dreamometer is driven by a spinner attached to the back of the ski. It is likely out of adjustment.

    Do a search on this forum for more info as I know someone posted some wisdom about that.

    Regardless, do not hold much faith in the dashboard speedometer. If you want to know how fast you are going, get a GPS.

  3. #3
    inchadeboca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    miami
    Posts
    555
    +1
    2
    dont go by the dash. make your life easier and get a simple gps and you will know "real" speeds. does the ski feel like its slower, or u going by the dream-o-meter only ?

  4. #4
    cjm780's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    V-town
    Posts
    17

    speedometer

    Mine does the samething. I was out on the river one weekend and couldnt get over 60mph on the dash speedometer. My ski felt like it was running as good as ever. Borrowed a friends GPS unit and found out i was doing 65mph. I need to invest in a GPS myself.

  5. #5
    ercBOOSTED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Posts
    1,093
    +1
    3
    My dreamometer says 58-60 while the gps says 69-70. There is a reason that they call it the dreamometer lol!

  6. #6
    halfassjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Nicholasville, Ky.
    Posts
    549
    +1
    get a gps
    also....check your rpm's

    Quote Originally Posted by erckawasaki View Post
    My dreamometer says 58-60 while the gps says 69-70. There is a reason that they call it the dreamometer lol!

  7. #7
    Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Old Hickory,Tn
    Posts
    5,446
    +1
    650
    Just loosen the 2 allen bolts on the paddle wheel assembly and slide it all the way down and retighten it, it will read faster if that makes you happy,

  8. #8
    Ultra4ever drtbk4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Posts
    196
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    Just loosen the 2 allen bolts on the paddle wheel assembly and slide it all the way down and retighten it, it will read faster if that makes you happy,
    Hey that is a great idea to get my nieces to slow down. I'll tweak it so it reads 70mph when they are only doing 50 mph, and read 50 when they are doing 30.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 3rd IBR Problem only 16hrs on the ski
    By ucf_motorcycle in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-11-2016, 07:22 PM
  2. 2003 Ultra 150. Seller says it does 58mph on the dreamometer.
    By dannyual777 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-25-2014, 04:58 PM
  3. '97 Hurricane runs on one carb, idles only on the other.
    By Timberalan in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 05:45 AM
  4. Problem on the water today, running on only 2 cylinders on a gpr!!
    By espritonsevas in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-09-2009, 05:40 PM
  5. i have figured out how to be 100% stable in 60+ mph on the x-4 hull
    By Joe Stang in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-19-2008, 05:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •