Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

1st Annual Central-South Jersey Breakfast Club BBQ!

Ok... Here are the finalized details:

Sept. 14th AT Crowley's Landing on the Mullica River. PM me for directions if you need them.

We are teaming up with the guys from www.njpacrew.org , they are a good bunch and many of them are members of GH too. Instead of having the members of both deciding which picnic to go to, we are combining it into one event. Maybe we can convince a few more of them to meet up with the Breakfast Club.

The idea behind this picnic is that it is going to be a bring your own event. It is going to be an all day event. There is plenty of room for skis to get tied up or beached depending on the tide and plenty of room for parking. The ramp is going to be free because it is after labor day. The day is going to consist of hanging with friends, bbq-ing, riding, and whatever else may come. I am going to bring horse shoes and a EZUP tent. I will probably also bring a fold up picnic table. The best thing about the ride is that it isnt a group ride.... We will all be able to go riding off in whatever groups we want whenever we want. It is going to be a ride whenever you feel like it ride.

Andy (Pale Rider) and myself are going to get there early in the morning and lock up some of the picnic tables they have down there. There are also grills down there, so all we will need is charcoal.

We are going to rely on whoever is coming to bring something to this picnic. We will need charcoal, cups, plates, napkins, trashbags, in addition to food, and whatever else I have forgotten to list.

Everyone is expected to clean up after themselves as well.

All members of GH.Net and NJPACREW.org are welcome. Bring your friends, families, and your friend's skis.

I AM GOING TO ASK ANDY TO CLEAN THIS THREAD UP. WE ARE GOING TO USE THIS AS A SIGN UP LIST. PLEASE POST IF YOU ARE COMING AND WHAT YOU ARE BRINGING.

As we get closer to the date, we will figure out what we need that hasn't been listed, and try to figure out who can bring what.
    Last edited by 04RXP22; 07-25-2008 at 04:59 PM.

Also the area is very fun to ride. Short distance from AC, Brigatine, Tuckerton, and southern LBI.

I rode the Mullica late September Last Year and it was beautiful.

NJ/Pa crew has a ride scheduled there on the 13th. Maybe they / we can work together to combine the date and the riders...more the merrier I say!

I will ask some info when I get a chance to speak with Hildagard or Joy, the 2 woman attendants at crowley`s, or I`ll make a trip to batsto.

This is a state park, no alcoholic beverages...
    If this happens, I`m sure there are a few of us who can get there early enough to secure tables and grills...

items you`ll need for your party:
    charcoal, charcoal lighter
    food, beverage, snacks, salads, etc.

optional: napkins, table clothes, paper plates etc.

I recommend coming by car/truck and trailer to carry your stuff.

and we`ll need to take our own trash out with us...

Quote Originally Posted by 04RXP22 View Post
    Also the area is very fun to ride. Short distance from AC, Brigatine, Tuckerton, and southern LBI.

I rode the Mullica late September Last Year and it was beautiful.
    it doesn`t have to be a group ride, you can come and go as you please and hang and eat...

or, eat and ride or ride and eat! whatever works for the group...

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    it doesn`t have to be a group ride, you can come and go as you please and hang and eat...

Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by MKaman View Post
    NJ/Pa crew has a ride scheduled there on the 13th. Maybe they / we can work together to combine the date and the riders...more the merrier I say!
    The only issue I have with that is it is a Saturday. I work saturdays and I have already taken off too many this year.

I was looking to go on a sunday. I think more people will be able to make it on a sunday, no work, no weddings, and possibly, if they go to church, they can come afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by 04RXP22 View Post
    The only issue I have with that is it is a Saturday. I work saturdays and I have already taken off too many this year.

I was looking to go on a sunday. I think more people will be able to make it on a sunday, no work, no weddings, and possibly, if they go to church, they can come afterwards.
    Sunday is cool, Bob from NJ/PA crew is likely to be flexible.

I agree as well....

I will ask some info when I get a chance to speak with Hildagard or Joy, the 2 woman attendants at crowley`s, or I`ll make a trip to batsto.

items you`ll need for your party:
    charcoal, charcoal lighter
    food, beverage, snacks, salads, etc.

I have 22 gallons of lighter fluid on my trailer with me always.....

"Now that's a FIRE!"

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information