Hydro Turf - which style, and with or without mat?

I still have the stock grip pads on my '96 XP......all warped, and hot as hell in the sun. I am thinking of replacing them.

Hydro Turf makes the only aftermarket pads I am familiar with. Are there others worth considering?

Which style (cut diamond, molded diamond, grooved, etc) are best for grip and comfort? And, does it matter whether you are wearing shoes or riding barefoot? (I generally wear my slippery shoes, but most others riding it ride barefoot)

I would assume the pad you can get to put underneath the hydroturf is pointless on a sitdown?

I had the grooved on a Polaris. I never had my feet slip. If I were to ever get to mat it would be grooved.

+1
    I have had two stlyes of the hydro turf mats the orginal lines or straight they worked great. Now i have the diamond molded ones they are also very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Treemn View Post
    I have had two stlyes of the hydro turf mats the orginal lines or straight they worked great. Now i have the diamond molded ones they are also very nice.
    Is there any difference between the grooved and diamond? I.e., is either more grippy than the other? Is either more comfortable with bare feet?

Is it that hard to cut the mat from a bulk sheet? I have two skis to do, may be able to do both with one mat vs. the pre-cut.

+1
    Cutting form the sheet is easy remove your old mats and use them as pattern take chaulk to outline them and cut with siccors. I got two complet sheets from one sheet for my 04 RXP

I spoke to hydro turf; they say that the die cuts (cut groove, cut diamond) provide more traction than the molded (i.e., molded diamond), but that the molded mats are more durable/will last longer. Any concurring opinions or disagreements?

What about color for a '96 XP? I'm thinking of black mats with a yellow "hydroturf" cut out. Their website says that yellow fades badly, so probably wouldn't be a good color for the mat itself.

I have read that Green Hulk members get a 15% discount buying direct from Hydro-Turf, can anyone verify that?

Thread Information