Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Gibson install on X.

I need help.
    I gutted the T-X getting it ready for gibson install and now am confused.
    I already talked to Jason and he says to reroute the entire water setup when installing J pipe to just like 07 and older setups. I realize that this would be the best performance probably but i want your opionion.
    I hate to re run entire water setup and then relocate the ic in a few months.

The water setup is different on the 08,s from the previous years.
    If someone knows the X or 08 setup and has j pipe installed please let me know how you did it. The only one i can think of is beachbum.
    Any advice or opinions are appreciated.

Here are the differences i noticed right off the bat.
    1)they run a T fitting fedding the ic and exhaust manifold. Not ic then exhaust. Not sure where the water is going from ic. It is going to front bottom of engine so i guess is T back into exhaust manifold.

2) they are running a hose direct from transom from bottom of end of exhuast. On j jpipe setup that is were a jumper hose is ran to bottom of j pipe.
    Also you dont have the hose going from transom to very top of j pipe bend?

3) They are feeding the top of stright pipe just like previous models from top of exhaust but then have T fitting going to top of water box.

Please help me get this gibson in the X the right way the first time. thanks steven
    BPR has confused the crap out of me just after i had it down to a science.
    Last edited by skoepp; 07-21-2008 at 08:18 PM.

+1
    I have not installed a Gibson yet. For my J pipe/shorty water box setup I ran the water lines as a regular 2007 ski.
    Water comes out of the pump into the IC from the IC to the front of the exhaust manifold. From there everything is like a regular J pipe ski. It has been so long since I have done my X that I can't remember how it use to go, sorry.
    Go buy a roll of 3/4inch water line and rerun it. Don't use or cut anything that you will need when you go back to the stock exhaust system. Good luck!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum0286 View Post
    I have not installed a Gibson yet. For my J pipe/shorty water box setup I ran the water lines as a regular 2007 ski.
    Water comes out of the pump into the IC from the IC to the front of the exhaust manifold. From there everything is like a regular J pipe ski. It has been so long since I have done my X that I can't remember how it use to go, sorry.
    Go buy a roll of 3/4inch water line and rerun it. Don't use or cut anything that you will need when you go back to the stock exhaust system. Good luck!
    Thanks for the info. That is what Jason said to do also, so i guess i will go that route. The install for gibson is the same setup for GH box if your using j pipe.
    Did you stick with the green reducer in pump or change back to yellow.

Can anyone tell me where the water is going from ic in X. It looks to be run up to front of exhaust manifold. i guess my quesiton is really does anyone know if it is T back into hose coming from pump. I cant tell even with mirror.

+1
    I would stick with the green washer. I initially was confused by how they ran the water lines on the X but once you get it opened up you will figure it out. I wish I could remember.

+1
    Hey guys, sorry to jump in on your thread Steve. But what are the actual sizes of the yellow and green reducers? Thanks, Travis (TCR)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TCR View Post
    Hey guys, sorry to jump in on your thread Steve. But what are the actual sizes of the yellow and green reducers? Thanks, Travis (TCR)
    not exactly sure.

+1
    Ok, i figured out what BRP did with the water inflow on the X. They got a T after the pump going to ic and to front of exhaust. Thats the water intake line.
    What i could not figure out, but finally did after tring to remove hoses , is that the water leaving the ic is connect to a T fitting on the flush line that comes out of bottom of exhaust.
    I assume they did this for flushing purposes or did not want the ic water going back through exhaust which does not make sense or is a pressure control as with that setup how much pressure is the ic getting since water is flowing stright thru exhaust.

So what do your guys think. Leave water intake as stock and just change needs for J pipe as previous models.
    Or rerun water and go direct ic and then exhaust like we have on 07 and older machines.
    I talked to Jason and he highly reccomends rerunning the water and will get beter performance.

I just keep trying to figure out why BRP did what they did. Is it needed or not.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Ok, i figured out what BRP did with the water inflow on the X. They got a T after the pump going to ic and to front of exhaust. Thats the water intake line.
    What i could not figure out, but finally did after tring to remove hoses , is that the water leaving the ic is connect to a T fitting on the flush line that comes out of bottom of exhaust.
    I assume they did this for flushing purposes or did not want the ic water going back through exhaust which does not make sense or is a pressure control as with that setup how much pressure is the ic getting since water is flowing stright thru exhaust.

So what do your guys think. Leave water intake as stock and just change needs for J pipe as previous models.
    Or rerun water and go direct ic and then exhaust like we have on 07 and older machines.
    I talked to Jason and he highly reccomends rerunning the water and will get beter performance.

I just keep trying to figure out why BRP did what they did. Is it needed or not.

thanks
    Wondering if there was a reason brp changed the water flow on the x's, you might keep it as stock and change what you need for the gibson and try it out! If that works fine and dosen't overheat, etc., the leave it. If you feel you need more water then set it up like the 07's.

+1
    Thats interesting that seadoo changed it like that! Will have cooler water hitting the exhaust manifold and more water pressure going through the IC when flushing the ski.

+1
    The whole sea-doo self cooling thing is a mystery to me...

Cooling ski's is uber important, add boost and a super closed humid compartment... sounds like a good time.

Yes I am captain obvious.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information