Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LM-1 problems

+1

LM-1 problems

I have a new innovative L M-1 AFR meter. It was bought a few months ago NEW and used twice with no problems.
    The past 2 weekends i have been trying to recheck AFR readings on RXP to check in hotter temps and Get base numbers before installing headers.

Now the guage will read correct for like 5 seconds and then goes to showing 30 to 40 % AFR. The lambda goes from .94 to like 3 to 5. I even recalabrated the sensor to the instructed 20.9 % showing once you turn it on but still goes to high readings.

Any help or suggestions are aprreciated as i cant install headers without my LM-1 working correct. thanks

The most interesting man in the world. Nils888's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    I have a new innovative L M-1 AFR meter. It was bought a few months ago NEW and used twice with no problems.
    The past 2 weekends i have been trying to recheck AFR readings on RXP to check in hotter temps and Get base numbers before installing headers.

Now the guage will read correct for like 5 seconds and then goes to showing 30 to 40 % AFR. The lambda goes from .94 to like 3 to 5. I even recalabrated the sensor to the instructed 20.9 % showing once you turn it on but still goes to high readings.

Any help or suggestions are aprreciated as i cant install headers without my LM-1 working correct. thanks
    Sounds like your sensor got damaged some how

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nils888 View Post
    That is what someone else said. Hard to believe used 2 times and between each use put up and stored properly.

After recalibration it will show like 11.8 to 12.4 while engine is idling. Then just goes up to 30 to 40 %

I guess i will call innovative tuners tommorow and ask them for trouble shoot and sounds like will need to get another sensor.

The most interesting man in the world. Nils888's Avatar
    +1
    That is what someone else said. Hard to believe used 2 times and between each use put up and stored properly.

After recalibration it will show like 11.8 to 12.4 while engine is idling. Then just goes up to 30 to 40 %

I guess i will call innovative tuners tommorow and ask them for trouble shoot and sounds like will need to get another sensor.
    If you need to get another sensor. Do a little shopping around. the sensor the LM1 uses comes in a 2002 and later VW Jetta with a 2.0 liter eng.

Last time I bought one it was rite around $50

They are very touchy. I also have the LM1 that acted quirky and was showing false readings. Once, it turned out that one of my wires was loose. With all of the wires, it is easy to pull one loose from where it goes. Another time I also totally disconnected and reconnected the negative and plugged it back in and it was fine after that. So, my issues had to do with wiring. If you need another sensor, let me know, I have a spare and can let go at a good price.

BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nils888 View Post
    see stve that's what i said

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    They are very touchy. I also have the LM1 that acted quirky and was showing false readings. Once, it turned out that one of my wires was loose. With all of the wires, it is easy to pull one loose from where it goes. Another time I also totally disconnected and reconnected the negative and plugged it back in and it was fine after that. So, my issues had to do with wiring. If you need another sensor, let me know, I have a spare and can let go at a good price.

I tried checking the plug wires this weekend or atleast the ones that go to LM-1. They all seemed to be ok. I did not try to recheck the connections to battery but seemed to be working as when you disconnt wire to LM-1 from battery it would show no 12 volt in line sorce, so i figured was getting good connection.
    I find it hard to believe that my sensor was hurt as it was used 2 times.

Sucks to have the mods in hand and cant install cause brand new LM-1 want work.

+1
    when i did my first bung hole add to a j-pipe i ran through two sensors in 15 minutes and thought i had a LEAK ...........i didnt though.........i take everything apart pressure test the j-pipe to find it doesnt leak as i knew it didnt.....then reinstall with a new sensor and i havent lost one since.....dont know why i burnt two out of the gate but i did then havent burnt one since....if u can shake it and it rattles its junk and may be junk even if it doesnt rattle.......its a Bosch Premium Oxygen Sensor #17014 available at Auto Zone for about $70.00 a pop and they carry 1 year warranty. so save your receipt......good luck!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    when i did my first bung hole add to a j-pipe i ran through two sensors in 15 minutes and thought i had a LEAK ...........i didnt though.........i take everything apart pressure test the j-pipe to find it doesnt leak as i knew it didnt.....then reinstall with a new sensor and i havent lost one since.....dont know why i burnt two out of the gate but i did then havent burnt one since....if u can shake it and it rattles its junk and may be junk even if it doesnt rattle.......its a Bosch Premium Oxygen Sensor #17014 available at Auto Zone for about $70.00 a pop and they carry 1 year warranty. so save your receipt......good luck!

thanks for the info, i will go pull it out and see what it looks like.
    That one year waranty sounds good to me as auto zone is right down the street.

When they go bad do they start reading really high.

+1
    Sounds like a bad sensor skoepp I like that autozone sells them... easy way to replace it if it goes bad. Too bad there is sensor that works in our ski's that can just be left in it without a problem. Would be cool to have a little digital display showing your AFR always available.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information