Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up R&D C3 Monster Charger wheel work with my boat?

Been browsing around 4-tecperformance.com and I found a few interesting supercharger mods I'm interested in. Just looking for some opinions and would this R&D C3 Monster Charger wheel work with my Speedster 150 with stock intercooler, supercharger, injectors, etc?? Only engine mod I have so far is the intake and the exhaust which I am doing this week. Anyways the site says this wheel is good for up to 30hp with the stock RXP intercooler/supercharger/injectors so would this be the same for my Speedster? Is this a good part and will it really increase my hp and speed?

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=915

Yes, you could run the C3 with no other modifications other than pitching the prop to handle the greater power (pitching to keep the revs in the 8100rpm sweet spot). A word of warning: modifications beyond that will usually require other modifications to support them. For example, any supercharger larger would require a change to your fuel delivery (injectors, rising rate fuel pressure regulator, or both) and an external intercooler to adequately cool the higher temps from the supercharger. Even with the C3 SC, your gains will be held back by the weak and restrictive stock intercooler.

You will find that most parts for the RXP/RXT will work on your S150. In my experience, the gains aren't as good as reported on the lighter skis. For example, if 30 extra horsepower from the C3 SC gains a ski 3mph, you might see an extra 2mph.
    Last edited by VX1; 07-21-2008 at 11:23 PM.

If I wanted to buy a new prop which one would you recommend with the C3?

Your mods say you have a Solas prop; don't know which one you currently have, but you need a Concord 14/19 4-blade.

Quote Originally Posted by VX1 View Post
    Your mods say you have a Solas prop; don't know which one you currently have, but you need a Concord 14/19 4-blade.
    You think that would help a little with top end mph gains too? Thanks for your help.

It depends on your mods and temperature of the water you typically ride in. A completely stock boat south of Canada will need a 13/18 (ice water Canadians can get away with a 14/19 from the get-go). A stage 1 to stage 2 boat will gain a mph or two with the 14/19. Acceleration will improve also, it's a well rounded prop. Stage 1 is basically a free flowing air intake, stage 1.5 would be that and a beefed-up SC, and stage 2 would be that with an external intercooler. You've got to be at stage 2.5+ to run the 15/20 or one of the 3-blade props well. The mods I have listed would be considered stage 2.5, or some would say stage 2.75. I true stage 3 will have an aftermarket ECU, which ups the rev limit, and hence, the horsepower, dramatically.

race tech sc impeller

Looks like there's a new sc mod available, or soon available, for our engines. Check this out . . . http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64789

Am I missing something or for about $1,000 it looks like our 215 sc's can put out 11+ boost at 8100 rpms? Looks like our 215 sc's can be converted to a Super X-Charger. Fuel regulator & maybe injectors need upgrade? Definitely with an external intercooler.
    Last edited by cyoungesq; 07-22-2008 at 10:39 PM. Reason: typo

new supercharger upgrade

"Race Tech X charger conversion service. We take your 185/215 hp supercharger and upgrade with the new Rotax Racing high boost impeller. Service includes disassembly, inspection, machining to your supercharger housing, installation of Rotax Racing high boost impeller with spacer, X series Supercharger cover. All for only $975.00 us. Why buy a new X supercharger when you can upgrade your old one for less! Price does not include service parts such as bearings, seals or wear items if required."

http://www.racetechpowersports.com/

This looks pretty interesting . . . some pretty impressive boost available. Gotta do fuel regulator and injectors too, but no expensive ECU mod with its 93+ octane fuel required. A modded (external) intercooler would give more volume.

Fastspeedster215 - check out their waterbox mod! I simply removed the resonators and like the new growl very much. Shorter waterbox would make s/c work a little less contorted.

Quote Originally Posted by cyoungesq View Post
    "Race Tech X charger conversion service. We take your 185/215 hp supercharger and upgrade with the new Rotax Racing high boost impeller. Service includes disassembly, inspection, machining to your supercharger housing, installation of Rotax Racing high boost impeller with spacer, X series Supercharger cover. All for only $975.00 us. Why buy a new X supercharger when you can upgrade your old one for less! Price does not include service parts such as bearings, seals or wear items if required."

http://www.racetechpowersports.com/

This looks pretty interesting . . . some pretty impressive boost available. Gotta do fuel regulator and injectors too, but no expensive ECU mod with its 93+ octane fuel required. A modded (external) intercooler would give more volume.

Fastspeedster215 - check out their waterbox mod! I simply removed the resonators and like the new growl very much. Shorter waterbox would make s/c work a little less contorted.
    I have a new waterbox being shipped to me with that mod done to it...Also I'm removing the resonator this week. So if you want that stuff done by racetech you hafta take apart your SC and send it to them?

Quote Originally Posted by FastSpeedster215 View Post
    So if you want that stuff done by racetech you hafta take apart your SC and send it to them?
    My guess is that you just remove your sc & send it to them ... they'll take it apart & make it inhale like never before, put it together & send it back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information