Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RXT prop repitch

I run the Stage 2 Riva kit with the exception of the Rotax Intercooler on my RXT. The kit comes with the SRX-CD 13\19 prop. This prop dropped my RPM's from 8150 to 7700 with only a minimal loss in top speed. I sent the prop to Impros for a repitch and Dave told me it was so bad out of spec that he would just true it to the 13\19 that it was supposed to be to give us a good baseline to start with. I tried the prop sunday a RPM's up to 7950 with an 8 tenths MPH gain in speed. I will now send it back to be repitched. I was told these props are checked before shipping and I am sure others will experience the same thing.

What are your gps speed readings ?

I think I have heard of 12/19.5 working real well with the rxt. (05limited)

I thought the point of the repitch was to get it close to the rev limiter and not drop rpms. Am I wrong ?

Yes you are right thats why i'm sending it to be repitched. But we needed to know where we were with the 13\19 before we repitched. My Gps best speed with the stock prop was 68.3. With this prop first time I put it on was 67 sunday I was consistantly hitting 67.8 and 67.9. I am hoping if we get the pitch right I will be close to 70. This kit is supposed to be running 71 and 72 but I would be happy with 70 for now at least. I might add that it is much hotter here now than a few weeks ago we are now in the upper 90's so these speeds are probably better than they seem.

Let me know how the repitch goes.
    I have an RXT with nopas,free flow and I'm getting 65 (gps). I now have plugged the ride plate holes and put on a wedge kit, so I'm hoping for 67. Then I 'm going to get a intake grate and make a custom air intake with denso plugs and hopefully break 70. Then for this winter I'm going to repitch my stock with impros.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    damn kinch... shooting for the stars on minimal mods.... let me know how u make out... i want to start modding my RXT also... but waiting for others to take the lead so i see what works.

what i honestly want to do more than top speed is my hole shot and mid-range pull. it's sick now, but it's honestly the most fun part about riding in my opinion the acceleration, not so much top speed.

would like to have a 70mph RXT but with acceleration that will blow away anythign on the water.

I have a friend with a gpr 1300 stock and I can blow him about 2-3 boats away getting to 60. Then walk away from him.

If you want acceleration I have heard get a solas then send it ppg or impros to get it repitched.

I'd at least start out with the nopas,wedge kit, and pluge your ride plate holes.

Shibby the hole shot with this prop is about as quick as anyone could expect I just hope the repitch will get me better top end as well which Dave thinks it will . He just said that the prop was so far out of Specs he wanted me to try it at the 13\19 it was supposed to be before repitching. This is the prop that comes with the stage 2 kit from Riva . I will work with it awhile and if it does't work out I will try the 12/19.5 repitch. I have heard good results from those who tried it.
    Kinckyle those speeds you posted are about inline with what the should be I was GPSing 64.4 when my ski was new with about 3 Hrs on it straight stock.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    64.4 is about where i'm around.... at first i was seeing 65, then 66, then 67... but i think it was a fluke day with crazy wind or current or something.... never seen that since

otehr guys are claiming they have a stock RXT that does 65-67, but dunno if i believe em or not. but i can't fathom dropping thousands upon thousands into the ski for simply jsut a 5mph gain or so.... i'll stick with simple bolt ons and improve handling and hole shot since that's what i find to be alot of fun.

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Rocketman,

I have a lot of faith in what Dave at Impros says. He hooked me up with the perfect impeller for my RXT when I had not yet installed the RR IC. It was a 12/18.5 stocker and got me 69.6 mph.

Now, with the IC, I have changed to a 12/19.5 stocker (thanks in part to GH) and have seen 71.8 mph.

Yes, I filled the ride plate holes, and trued the Riva grate... but the impeller is still a paramount addition to these speeds.

If you decide to go with the 12/19.5, you may want to consider the RR IC... or have Dave make it a 12/19.0, though he is the final say.

+1
    Jeff, did you see any gains from trueing the grate and filling the rideplate holes?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information