Red face Ultra 150 help please

Hello to all.

Just been browsing and found this site, looks a great source of info for us people who are fairly new to PWC.

I have a 1999 ultra 150 and have been over the moon with every aspect of it. It ticks all the boxes I wanted from a ski and puts a smile on my face every time I use it.

However on Sunday after the day was done I pulled the ski out of the water and cleared the water box etc as usual. Whilst I was doing my post ski inspection I found a 13" long piece of blue tinted clear looking tube in the bottom of the boat. It is about a 1/4" external diameter with around 3/16 internal. This has worried me to say the least although it doesn't look similar to any other tubing on the engine

I guess my question is what could it be, maybe left behind by the previous owner and not needed, or an important oil line that if I keep running the ski will lead to failure somewhere. I was wondering how far I should strip this down to ensure all the oil lines are in the right place?

Hope someone may be able to help.

Cheers from the sunny UK

Si

Welcome to the Green Hulk!!!

That sounds like an oil supply line to the carbs or rear balancer cavity.

Do a check, there should be an oil line in each of the following places:

From the oil pump to the front crankcase (balancer cavity)
    From the oil pump to the rear crankcase (balancer cavity)
    From the oil pump to each of the three carburetors.

Thats 5 lines in total.

Hopefully a previous owner has changed out the lines and the one you found is one of the old ones left behind.

If you find that it is one of the operation oil lines that has come off, you should do a compression check to see if there has been any engine damage.

Let us know what you find.

-Rob

Ultra 150

Thanks for the reply, How much of the exhaust system, flame arrestor etc would I need to take off to check those lines you have mentioned or could I just feel my way along them from the oil pump?

I must admit I can't see anything missing from the outlets on the oil pump

Will have a look and let ya know.

Cheers Si

how much

re
    Quote Originally Posted by Axlef1123 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, How much of the exhaust system, flame arrestor etc would I need to take off to check those lines you have mentioned or could I just feel my way along them from the oil pump?

I must admit I can't see anything missing from the outlets on the oil pump remove flame arrester and follow lines should not have to remove carbs

Will have a look and let ya know.

Cheers Si

You can remove the flame arrestor from the carbs an have a look. Just remove the 2 10mm bolts that hold the f/a to the exhaust, rock it back and forth while pulling up. If there is no oil in the bottom of the ski then its probably leftovers.

Ultra 150

Thanks for the help mate.

I shall take off the flame arrestor and have a good look around. I can't see any tubes missing from the oil pump, and I guess it would be really uncommon for the pipe to come away from both ends and fall into the bottom of the hull

Better to be safe than sorry though I guess, will let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Si

Thread Information