Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

synthetic 2 stroke oil

I see that there are many on the board using something other than the SeaDoo oil. I have used nothing but the synthetic SeaDoo XPS oil since I bought the XP new in '96.

Is the primary issue people have with the oil the price, or have some experienced wear/breakdown/etc from using the XPS oil? In other words, am I using it at risk of damaging my ski, or merely at risk of spending a few more dollars?

It looks like Amsoil is the most popular for non-racing applications; is this correct? How much does the Amsoil run, and in what ways, if any, is it better/more beneficial than the XPS?

FWIW, I can pick up the XPS locally for about $43, or from Parker Yamaha for $34.50.

The Parker price sure looks good. I've been using AMSOIL for a while and I'm happy with the results. I get it delivered to my door for $33 a gallon.
    If you go that route make sure to order Interceptor not Injector.
    I think the XPSII is good oil, it's just expensive and a hassle for me to buy locally. I order the AMSOIL on line and it's at my house in a couple days.

+1
    You can use the AMSOIL Interceptor Oil.
    http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/ait.aspx?zo=367509 Click the link below to save $$ and become a preferred customer.

I use Amsoil HPi since that's what my local Sea-Doo carries in stock. Apparently i've heard the only Downfall of HPI is that if you have RAVE valves it can make 'em dirty. But so far mine seem fine. And there is near zero smoke now too!!!

Once you use tha Amsoil two stroke, you will neve look back to the XPS!!!

Master of the Dooniverse
    HP Injector is fine for the 800. I only use synth and synth blends in injected skis or skis with lots of mods.

XPS is a rip-off. i put over 100h/year on my Ski-Doo, 8000+ miles in 3 years and have never been as dirty on the raves as when i ran XPS. Spectro is good and so is Klotz.

Quicksliver Full Synthetic in the GTX since rebuilding it last year-about 45 hours on it with the QS-smokes less than the XPS, costs less than the XPS, and I don't have to go to KC's screwyousports ...I mean Powersports to buy it at a hassle. I use Penzoil TC-W3 full synthetic in the Kaw's...

I have ran and use now amsoil dominator racing oil it works great !! and at prefer-ed buyers price it's affordable when compared to redline .

The Quicksilver pure syn is $12 a qt at walmart. The Amsoil Interceptor is like $6.50. I doubt the QS is twice is as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    The Quicksilver pure syn is $12 a qt at walmart. The Amsoil Interceptor is like $6.50. I doubt the QS is twice is as good.

I agree that it is probably not twice as good or any better at all honestly...however...your Wal-mart must really like bending you over as the QS full synthetic is exactly $25 a gallon at Wal-mart in Arab, Alabama ...its tough to beat that price and since its right down the road makes it convenient. If not for that I would be ordering the Amsoil by the case.

And...I'm not dogging the Amsoil, or even the Sea-doo/Bom oil-we just have a good deal on the QS here now...its just that the Bombardier oil is now $45 a gallon here at one place and $48 a gallon at another- and I'm not paying that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information