+1

4" Rear Air Installed On Rxtx

Got it done today on my RXTX and it was SOOOO easy!!

Will post pics as soon as I can.

Pretty much followed the thread of the guy that did it on the PX. Here are the mods I had to do. INTERCOOLER IS IN STOCK LOCATION!!!!

1- Bailer tubes were ziptied underneath the intercooler instead of in front. This really only drops them down about 1/2".

2- The only hose I needed to modify is the one that goes from the waterbox to the freeflow pipe. MY BOAT STILL HAS THE STOCK EXHAUST PORT. I took the hose and left it on the freeflow and cut it just as it starts to bend the other way at the top (cut it about 2" past the bend, this will go on your waterbox). Then I cut it in the middle, installed a coupler, twisted both sides until they fit and then tightend everything down. THE HOSE NOW RUNS RIGHT UNDERNEATH THE INTERCOOLER BUT STILL RETAINS AN ARCH. The rear air fits right up against the intercooler.
    THE OTHER TWO HOSES DO NOT HAVE TO BE MODIFIED. THEY GO RIGHT BACK ON AND HOLD THE REAR AIR IN PLACE NICELY.

3-DID I MENTION I DID NOT REMOVE THE SUPERCHARGER EITHER TO GET THE WHITE COUPLE ON FOR THE INTAKE??
    I used a straight connector (3" to 4") from silicon intakes. Perfect fit!!

THATS IT!!! SUPER EASY

ON TOP OF THE RPM GAIN, SHE SOUDS LIKE A TICKED OFF BANSHEE ON THE THROTTLE!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by STSPERFORMANCE View Post
    Got it done today on my RXTX and it was SOOOO easy!!

Will post pics as soon as I can.

Pretty much followed the thread of the guy that did it on the PX. Here are the mods I had to do. INTERCOOLER IS IN STOCK LOCATION!!!!

1- Bailer tubes were ziptied underneath the intercooler instead of in front. This really only drops them down about 1/2".

2- The only hose I needed to modify is the one that goes from the waterbox to the freeflow pipe. MY BOAT STILL HAS THE STOCK EXHAUST PORT. I took the hose and left it on the freeflow and cut it just as it starts to bend the other way at the top (cut it about 2" past the bend, this will go on your waterbox). Then I cut it in the middle, installed a coupler, twisted both sides until they fit and then tightend everything down. THE HOSE NOW RUNS RIGHT UNDERNEATH THE INTERCOOLER BUT STILL RETAINS AN ARCH. The rear air fits right up against the intercooler.
    THE OTHER TWO HOSES DO NOT HAVE TO BE MODIFIED. THEY GO RIGHT BACK ON AND HOLD THE REAR AIR IN PLACE NICELY.

3-DID I MENTION I DID NOT REMOVE THE SUPERCHARGER EITHER TO GET THE WHITE COUPLE ON FOR THE INTAKE??
    I used a straight connector (3" to 4") from silicon intakes. Perfect fit!!

THATS IT!!! SUPER EASY

ON TOP OF THE RPM GAIN, SHE SOUDS LIKE A TICKED OFF BANSHEE ON THE THROTTLE!!!

Awesome, let us know your rpm gain.

+1
    Gonna go out Friday and test. Still waiting on my R&D grate replacemant from hydrojunkie since my Riva grate tried to kill me!!!

+1
    Gonna go out Friday and test. Still waiting on my R&D grate replacemant from hydrojunkie since my Riva grate tried to kill me!!!
    ya, i read about your incident. Glad your ok. I got the stocker on with major wing cut. I like the way it tracks and has decent hookup and does not have the emergency brake affect when letting off throtle. I had the riva on and worked in flat water but in rough seemed to unhook the pump alot.
    I think i will stick wth moded stocker until further claims. Let me know how you like the R and D.

+1
    Checked out the R&D grate yesterday. Dont know if its because hydrojunkie had it before or what but this thing blows the riva grate out of the water!!..To much cavitation with the Riva. Just under 75 mph (74.9) with the R&D grate and the rear air (8040 rpm). with the 83 mm ring.

+1
    Nice....

+1
    Checked out the R&D grate yesterday. Dont know if its because hydrojunkie had it before or what but this thing blows the riva grate out of the water!!..To much cavitation with the Riva. Just under 75 mph (74.9) with the R&D grate and the rear air (8040 rpm). with the 83 mm ring.
    Steve, i just got your pm. That is awesome speed. Thats very impressive on this couch, with what a prop, grate, intake and not sure if you have anything else. That is the fastest T-X that i have seen with those mods. If i am wrong on that then someone chime in with better speeds.
    My goal is to run 75 on T-X with minor moding. I guess i will have to try an R and D and compare.

The Gibson sounds awesome on hose , i will be on the water tommorrow. I bet better acceleration and 100 + rpm over my stock box with freeflow. I will let you know.
    Sorry it took so long for your measurements you asked for.

+1
    X2 Steve, great numbers with just those few mods, very impressive...

Thread Information