Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Anyone tried the R&D Crankcase Breather or Steering Nozz

These look interesting. I like the idea of getting that smokey crankcase hose away from my air intake and the nozzle might provide better cornering. Anyone tried them?

+1
    Jarrett, my take on the crankcase breather is ... ain't gonna work too good. My guess is that it will result in quite a bit of oil in the engine compartment, in fact I think Frank (Peteshauling) had that experience possibly. There is just too much oil and pressure coming out of the engine sometimes for a breather element to handle. I prefer my setup and it has worked very well - after running it for a couple weekends on the original oil, the oil filter / catch can was 2/3 full! No mess, easy way to allow excess oil to be blown out, none gets into the intake, yet there is still good PCV suction to help eliminate crankcase pressure. Link is below with pictures.

Not sure on the nozzle, but they never helped our GPRs run any faster.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forum/viewt...337&highlight=
    [/url]

+1
    An extended nozzle on the Ultras provided the most bang per buck of any simple mod. Increase in speed up to 1 mph on some boats, better cornering and straight line stability. I would think it might do the same for the RXP, but then again, who knows ? May even help with the high speed porposing ?? Wondering how the reverse grate would clear it ??

Richard

+1
    R&D says it works with the OEM reverse bucket. I went ahead and ordered both of these items.

drop nozzle

The nozzle works well on closed course but what we need is a ride plate which riva are aparently busy with. So we have to wait and see what comes available.

+1
    Nick, you've used it? What were the results?

With aftermarket sponsons and intake grate it keeps the boat hooked up in the corners a lot more than with the stock nozzle. I never tested to see if any gains in speed.

Jarrett, if you don't care about the reverse, try a steering nozzle off of an xpl. it's a little longer than the stock and helps keeps the nose down. It'll bolt right on.
    Mike

seadoo1120,

How long is the stock XPL nozzle compared to the stock RXP? Or do you mean aftermarket XPL nozzle? How much longre is the R&D nozzle compared to stock anyways? Thanks!

John

John, it's been over a year since I installed it. I think it was around 1/2 inch longer. I have to find my stock rxp steering nozzle to get exact measurements. it's the oem xpl steering nozzle. It didn't pick up any more speed in glass but did make the ski ride better in the rough.
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information