Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

80 + mph tossed off ! ! !

4 months ago i got thrown off my modded rxp, in the morning with a full tank of gas & a full ice chest,my gps showed 83.3 , i dont know how fast i was going @ the end of the day when i was tossed ? but it must have been @ least 84 +,i have a torn rotater cuff ,a biceps tendon tear, a pec tear & many tears too the outer deltoied. My ? is ,how many others have been tossed off @ 80 + ? and how bad did u end up?

+1
    wow, glad it wasn't worse......

yes, there have been a few that have fallen off at high speed on this forum

can you tell us why you were thrown off?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WANT2C80 View Post
    4 months ago i got thrown off my modded rxp, in the morning with a full tank of gas & a full ice chest,my gps showed 83.3 , i dont know how fast i was going @ the end of the day when i was tossed ? but it must have been @ least 84 +,i have a torn rotater cuff ,a biceps tendon tear, a pec tear & many tears too the outer deltoied. My ? is ,how many others have been tossed off @ 80 + ? and how bad did u end up?
    Good idea..this is just what the insurance companys need to see is how many guys have been coming off their skis and getting hurt. I am not bashing you, but I do want to say that don't think they don't visit these sites and don't give them ammo to raise the rates. It is best to keep what happens behinds closed doors or pm, instead of having a bunch of people come out and say, me too or I did this. Just my .02

+1
    glad you are alive. Really.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BobOnThis View Post
    Good idea..this is just what the insurance companys need to see is how many guys have been coming off their skis and getting hurt. I am not bashing you, but I do want to say that don't think they don't visit these sites and don't give them ammo to raise the rates. It is best to keep what happens behinds closed doors or pm, instead of having a bunch of people come out and say, me too or I did this. Just my .02
    I have to disagree. I think sharing our mishap stories causes others to reflect on how many risks we take. That in turn hoefully results in heightened awareness and more careful riding. I seriously doubt that such antecdotal stories affect insurance rates at all. But even assuming they did, the few dollars we spend is more than worth keeping each other safe and alive.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko View Post
    I have to disagree. I think sharing our mishap stories causes others to reflect on how many risks we take. That in turn hoefully results in heightened awareness and more careful riding. I seriously doubt that such antecdotal stories affect insurance rates at all. But even assuming they did, the few dollars we spend is more than worth keeping each other safe and alive.
    I agree with some parts, but no matter if you have a 35mph ski or a 90mph ski it is always a risk when riding and you should always be a careful rider. If it takes one or two people to say I came off my ski at over 80mph for you to become a careful rider and heighten your awareness then that is your thing. I don't think the few dollars extra we would spend a year on insurance would be going to keeping each other safe and alive though, but just towards the insurance companies because they are thinking 215hp must not be safe on a pwc because we have guys falling off and getting hurt. I will say from experiences I have seen that YES they do check message boards and YES it will one day effect your rates. I was just sending out a warning, but it does not have to be heard.

+1
    Well in that case big brother is watching...

I crashed 8 pwc's in the last month. All were liter bikes and they did 80+ stock.

+1
    wow that has to have sucked! Glad your alive!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BobOnThis View Post
    I agree with some parts, but no matter if you have a 35mph ski or a 90mph ski it is always a risk when riding and you should always be a careful rider. If it takes one or two people to say I came off my ski at over 80mph for you to become a careful rider and heighten your awareness then that is your thing. I don't think the few dollars extra we would spend a year on insurance would be going to keeping each other safe and alive though, but just towards the insurance companies because they are thinking 215hp must not be safe on a pwc because we have guys falling off and getting hurt. I will say from experiences I have seen that YES they do check message boards and YES it will one day effect your rates. I was just sending out a warning, but it does not have to be heard.
    I know what you are saying, but believe me, the tragic "get off" stories have an impact on us all. We have some fellow board members that have been thrown and hurt pretty badly. Each of these stories has caused us to reflect. Not because we are reckless, but because there are always safer practices. Personally, I don't give two rat's asses about insurance companies charging higher rates. I do care about our fellow riders hearing about things they can learn from and being safer.

By the way, insurance is based on actuarial injury data, not antecdotal data from website forums. And PWC insurance is far cheaper than auto or motorcycle insurance. So we aren't running insurance rates up in the first place. Ask me how I know.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information