Unhappy RXP-X Riva J Pipe and upgraded intercooler

Hi guys,
    I was so glad to be the first few to get my hands on the Riva upgraded intercooler kit so that my J pipe would go through. However, this set-up requires me to remove the OPAS. How wrong can this be????
    Last weekend I was jamming with my buddies and I found that the RXP-X without the OPAS is unpredictable to handle and it will be worst if you have two crafts ahead of you. I am seriously considering on putting back the OPAS system. BTW, I've got maximum down trim setting but it didn't help much. Any good advice here?

+1
    question. why did you install j pipe on x. That will help answer.

Red face

That's a pretty good question. First, for the sound. Second, for the performance gain if any. If not J pipe, than what other product can I consider? Well, its a bit too late for me now after reading what Piranha has came out with!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlion View Post
    That's a pretty good question. First, for the sound. Second, for the performance gain if any. If not J pipe, than what other product can I consider? Well, its a bit too late for me now after reading what Piranha has came out with!
    Thats what i was wondering. So I assume you are running GH box or gibson, becuase that is the only reason to need a j pipe. If you are going to run stock box then run the stright pipe with piranaha hose.

So your saying the relocation kit does not allow you to keep opas.

You're right Skoepp!! The relocation kit does not allow OPAS to be retain. Honestly, I'm very unhappy at how my ski behave through turns without the OPAS. Can you offer any salvaging solution by having my OPAS back on while still retaining the J Pipe? Do you agree that RXP-X runs better with the OPAS on? Pardon me that I'm not technically well verse. Thanks

+1
    I put the Riva pro series blockoffs on my '04 RXP and thought it was more predictable. When I bought the P-X I put the RE blockoffs on before it hit the water. I didn't notice any difference between the X and the RXP in terms of predictability. I think it's just something you get used to and it seems pretty consistent. If it's worse handling than leaving the OPAS on then at least it's consistently worse and that's also predictable, right?

Correction!!!! The relocation kit of the intercooler does not interfere with the OPAS. It is the J pipe that will not allow the OPAS to be around.

I've tried riding in the course with the Stock setup (OPAS on) of the RXP-X. I felt that I quite comfortable in tailing my buddies (GP1300R) despite that choppy wakes that they have created. I can pick my lines as and when I want. However with my current setup with the OPAS removed, I'm always "understeering" or sliding out of line. Maybe RX4pain is correct, I might have to get use to the unpredictable to make it predictable. You must be a optimist!! Cheers

+1
    Well on you defense I've never ridden my X with the OPAS. Perhaps the ski sits differently in the water with the larger intake grate and that could affect it's personality for the better with OPAS. But I think you'll get used to no OPAS. At least with no OPAS there won't be any sudden snags or shifts from one of the paddles hitting the water when you least expect it or want it.

Thread Information