Yamaha SHO upgrades

Hey everyone:

I just got a 2008 yamaha sho, and wow it's fast- but i have 3 questions that need answers please.

(1)-I need to stop the extreme cavitation on exceleration from idle, and out of hard corners. Will a top loader intake help?
    (2)-I know I can go faster in the top end with a different pitch prop. Can somebody recomend a prop for me?

FINALLY QUESTION NUMBER (3)-Who want's to lose a race?.

Thanks all
    Tmac-sho

+1
    Changing the prop is a trade off. You can't change to a prop that will give you more top end without sacrificing a little something from the hole shot. The riva intake grate greatly eliminates cavitation in the hole shot and sacrifices nothing off the top end. Some are even seeing top end gains.

If you want more info try this: http://greenhulk.net/forums/search.php
    People take the time to do nice write ups documenting the results of particular mods.

Or just read through the recent threads in this (4 stroke performance) forum. I think you'll find what you are looking for.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    Changing the prop is a trade off. You can't change to a prop that will give you more top end without sacrificing a little something from the hole shot. The riva intake grate greatly eliminates cavitation in the hole shot and sacrifices nothing off the top end. Some are even seeing top end gains.

If you want more info try this: http://greenhulk.net/forums/search.php
    People take the time to do nice write ups documenting the results of particular mods.

Or just read through the recent threads in this (4 stroke performance) forum. I think you'll find what you are looking for.
    +1...thx hit.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    +1...thx hit.....
    Really what more can we ask for? Jerry posts up before and after results for mods and then we have you who gives us comparision videos! Another guy posted pics of how to seal the pump shoe to the hull and fill the bolt holes on the ride plate.

Once I start the modding process I will try and do the same. Just ordered a Garmin Foretrex 201 and some gloves!

I saw one of your videos and you had gloves on. I though, "what a novel idea!" Now I can get rid of that "YAMAHA" imprint on my throttle hand. LOL

+1
    Really what more can we ask for? Jerry posts up before and after results for mods and then we have you who gives us comparision videos! Another guy posted pics of how to seal the pump shoe to the hull and fill the bolt holes on the ride plate.

Once I start the modding process I will try and do the same. Just ordered a Garmin Foretrex 201 and some gloves!

I saw one of your videos and you had gloves on. I though, "what a novel idea!" Now I can get rid of that "YAMAHA" imprint on my throttle hand. LOL

Once you use gloves you will never go back!!

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar

yeah.....gloves and lifter wedges have saved my azz a couple of times when i hit some bad waves offshore.......gloves gave me the grip to hang on.....otherwise.....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thread Information