Thread: Chicago Boys!!!

Rochester, NY

Chicago Boys!!!

All the Chi town members that feel like helping me out read on...

I live in Rochester NY and have since birth. Two years ago I gave up a job working for ADT security services as an account manager of commercial service accounts managing accounts and the technicians from here in Rochester. I got to know the specific towns pretty well from Lake Zurich/Buffalo Grove/Arlington Heights, into the city surrounding the loop and straight over to Aurora. I decided after doing this job for a while that this was going to be a top place on my list that I need to visit...

I have heard nothing but awesome about your city and here it is a nice clean place with a lot to see. So my brother and I are going to be making the trip for my birthday in two weeks and I had a few questions...

Is there any part of the near suburbs with a Marriot/Courtyard Marriot that I can stay in that is also really convienient to getting in and out of the city(didn't know how far it stretched, but maybe the L getting out far enough??).

What parts of the city are absolutely must see places and what places are over rated and are a complete waste of my time?

Just looking for some local advice to make my trip the absolue best and memorable. Appreciate the help boys.

Bartlett, Illinois
    What kind of stuff are you interested in?? night life, shows, tourist stuff (museums, art gallery etc...). If your main interest is staying in/near the downtown area I would just recommend staying downtown so you can walk/short cab ride to your destinations. There is a Marriot right on Michigan Ave. that will pretty much get you close to everything.

Banned User
    Crest Hill, IL
    If you can, even if you are a fan or not, try to plan your trip during a Cubs game at Wrigley (night time is better), then party it up in WrigleyVille...

peawaukee wi
    yea for sure even though as a brewers fan we like to think that miller park is nice its nothing compared to wriggley i would go a far a saying its very close experience wise as going to yankee statdium

So go if you have the chance

Thread Information