Thread: Fogging 4tec??

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar

Fogging 4tec??

Ok...so I feel like such a dork asking this, but ego asside. Can I fog the engine on the RXP. I'm kinda anal...hehe....about after use care and I fog the GTX RFI ever time we use it w/ Bomb. Lube. I know it's not necessary every time, but hey. Anyhow, having seen what salt water can do in a short period of time I've decided to also fog the RXP. However, I have no idea where, or if, I can get a straw into the intake. Do any of you ever do this, or know how it can be done? Thanks.

Sean

I have a new RXT and it has a fogging port for the throttle body. Sea doo has a kit now If you want to install it. Check with your dealer.

So you are supposed to fog the TB ? What is the procedure for this ?
    Remove the TB to IC tube then start the engine and spray the fogger ?

hmmm....might have to do that. no obvious hole in the throttle body

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    the tube and port seadoo put on SOME 06 skis is for lubricating the throttle body mechanisms. fogging a 4-stroke while it's running it's kinda weird, and injecting oil / lube into the intake manifold and ports is something we try NOT to do with our catch cans, so why start fogging it and spraying crap in there?

open a new 06 ski out of the crate and it's a guessing game if the ski will have the new TB lubrication fitting... seems the later batches tho all have it so far.

you dont really need to fog a 4-tec for any reason unless you feel you got water into the intake while riding (unlikely unless you sub the thing several times and/or flip it over) .. and even still fogging it wont get rid of the water in the crankcase.

fogging IMO is complete overkill. rinse it, salt water riders should use salt-away, flush the machine with the salt-away, hose down the engine compartment (everything can get wet) ... if ur modified then be cautious around your air intake when rinsing the engine compartment, and spray the motor down with a protectant.

internally, these motors do real well against the elements and fogging is unncessary... over-revving them and ingesting water are the two things that will break em ... which reminds me, i gotta upload some awesome pics from my phone from working today. starter exploded off the block and ripped off a chunk with it, cylinder #2 rod went straight thru the cases and there's a 2" hole in the bottom of the case also.... there's not a drop of oil left in the motor, it's all in the hull ... it was a good one... metal fragments and chunks all over the places... i was looking to see if there was a hole on the hull too!! hahaha

good to know shibby.

thanks

Thread Information