question for everyone

I have a 2005 RXP, I have the R&D intake grate, intake and the solas prop. I rode the ski with just the intake and grate. I had the prop and pump wedge installed yesterday and took it out. I ran a top speed of 70 on my digital gauge. I dont know what exactly I was supposed to feel with the new parts but for some reason it doesn't feel as if it pulls as hard from a 35 MPH start or top speed. What I can say is it feels like I'm in a car with a sliping clutch in the upper RPM range and middle portion also, like it has more power but doesn't want to go. I did see 70 MPh and 8100 RPM on a couple of times. It just doesn't seem to feel any faster and maybe more of a dog. Any help would be greatly appreacited. I am going to install the super charger impeller in a few weeks. Alos the ski has 13.6 hours on it. I am new to all this. Thanks again
    Last edited by Crazy03; 07-23-2006 at 02:20 AM.

+1
    You really need a GPS. The top speed the dream-o-meter will show is 70. You may be going faster now so when you are getting the last 1or2mph or so it feels slower to top out but still going faster. But before it really was allready topped out at like 68. Changing the angle of the ski can change the dream-o-meter. Might show 4 slower and be going 5 faster or might show 12 faster and be going the same. Hope this helps.

I didn't know that the ski will only show 70, You learn something new everyday, thanks, I will see if I can get a Gps, also what do you think about the way the ski feels as in power or is it in my head. The ski just doesn't feel as TQ as it did before. Maybe its just me. The only other mod I am going to do is the impeller. Thanks for the reply

I was reading on here about cavitation, I dont know to much about that but can that also be a problem with the ski.

crazy03 the intake grate is not going to help your top speed it will only stop cavitation and should help in acceleration,they will acctually sometimes scrub a little off top speed. The R&D is a little more agressive than the Riva grate and probably does take away from top speed the Riva is a little better in this respect. When I had the R&D I trimmed it down a little and eventually changed to the Riva grate and liked it much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman
    crazy03 the intake grate is not going to help your top speed it will only stop cavitation and should help in acceleration,they will acctually sometimes scrub a little off top speed. The R&D is a little more agressive than the Riva grate and probably does take away from top speed the Riva is a little better in this respect. When I had the R&D I trimmed it down a little and eventually changed to the Riva grate and liked it much better.
    I can vouche for that as well, but I removed the R&D grate. wedge and speed remained nearly the same...PR...

so many variables when were talking tenth`s of a mile per hour...

+1
    PR,,,wanna trade Riva for R&D? I need wave power!

Thread Information