+1

Children injured in tubing incident

Children Injured In Lake Norman Boating Accident

POSTED: 3:05 pm EDT July 23, 2008
    UPDATED: 4:23 pm EDT July 23, 2008

DENVER, N.C. -- A boating accident on Lake Norman sent two young girls to the hospital Wednesday afternoon.
    Officials said a jet ski was pulling the girls, ages 11 and 13, on an inflatable tube when the tube slammed into the side of a stationary pontoon boat. The crash sent the girls flying in the air. They were knocked unconscious when they hit the water.
    The girls’ grandfather, Bill Robbins, was on the pontoon boat. He and another man dove in and pulled them both from the water.
    Robbins said the girls were unconscious for about a minute. He said they were in shock when they came to.
    The girls were rushed to Westport Marine in Denver to meet ambulances. They were transported to Carolinas Medical Center-Lincoln to be checked out, but they are expected to be OK.
    Copyright 2008 by WSOCTV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

Stationary Pontoon boat...if this wasn't real it would almost be comical...I have often told my wife that if she gets out of line one more time...it's the old tube into the dock/boathouse caper for her.

+1
    Can you imagine, it is almost comical because the choices made were so blind and shortsided, basically tunnel vision..and both children knocked unconscious, that's pretty heavy. If that was my child oh wow I would be truly disturbed....fortunate they didn't die from impact....well, hard lesson learned ....again........not like I haven't done my share of stupid things, but somet things people do are beyond common sense at times...

Have to wonder who/how old the driver was...the article makes sit sound as if a robot jet ski was pulling the 11 and 13 year old.
    Ignorance on the water cause me to loose my cool and I'm usually very laid back...but now that my wife and daughters ride jet skis...I'm not as passive to blatant stupidity.

Thread Information