Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 550 sx

550 sx

are the 550sx any good im lookin at one with some mods its a 1990 and only askin 800....never rode a stand up before

anyone

I can't remember if there were any common issues with the engines or not but I know the SX hull is very unstable...comes from experience with the old 650SX. Also the most important mod they need is the extended ride plate or they will constantly try to hop out of the water even on the calmest of conditions. Once you get the hang of riding stand-up you will love it. Nothing gets you actually into the water and really playfull like a stand-up. I had a blast with mine but they will tire you out in no time .

are they really that fun to ride

I wish I still had mine. Once you get used to the handling and getting playfull on it you will love it. I would sub mine while standing just enough to hide the machine and pop it out of the water hehe..it was great. Jumping with them too is a riot...you can catch air...big air...easily.

well thanks for the input im pickin one up tomorrow are foot holds or straps a must???

+1
    not sure what you mean

sx hull is great for small people

js hull is better (longer) for big people

I have found that the SX hull has a lot of inclination to lean. I owned mine for 12 years and always had to watch it. In rough waters the SX hull design likes to roll over to the leftand was a lot heavier than the JS. But it still was a lot of fun once you had a good handle on compensating for it. As for the added footing...if the original traction mat is in ok shape then leave it as it is. Just wear sandals or some kind of water useable footwear. Eventually you will have to replace it and I would go with HydroTurf traction mats. I had that on my 300 when it needed replacing and that mat was awesome. Very comfy and great to keep a grip on.

well i just bought one its a 550 bored out to a 650 with aftermarket pipe, grate, intake grate,flame arrestor,bigger carb the whole 9 yards

Wow, that sounds like a little rocket you picked up. How does it sound and run?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information