Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NO Spark 95 750xi

Just got a 95 750xi in a deal with another ski. It has no spark, and the PO took the electrical box apart looking for the issue.

Where do I start looking for the problem? I used a battery jumper so I know it had 12 volts. What is the most likely cause of the no spark condition?
    And how do I test each electrical component? I have a multimeter.

I'll clip the wires back tomorrow, but i'm sure its something deeper.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated

I would have a look at the pulser (also known as the pick-up) coil and see if there is are is any debris or what not either preventing it from picking up signal or grounding it out. It's under the cover with the flywheel. That seems to be a somewhat common issue on the older skis. More so if they've been allowed to sit for a few years.

thanks for the response, anyone have a pic of what this pulser/pickup looks like?

Unfortuantely this is the best quality pic I can find for you but this is what you are pretty well going to be looking for. I also found that there is a fuse block inside the electrical box in the shape of a circle. The underside of that block may need to have the contact surfaces cleaned up nice and shiny and put some di-electric grease on there to keep it from corroding. I had this problem on an 1100 ZXi. The machine wouldn't power up at all until that was done.

Forgot to attach the pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pulser coil.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	84956  

thanks, ill check both of those in the morning and post results

A pdf manual can be found here.

http://jmfiskin.com/manuals/

I decided to clip back the wires before digging deeper. Now when I click the start button I get 1 spark. If it hold it I get nothing. Should I still look at this pulser or is this one spark indicative of another problem???

Well, if you have the hard plastic spark plug caps then I would suggest replacing them. They have built in resistors and they always fail. It might even be a good idea to replace them anyway for how little it costs. Have you replaced the spark plugs anytime recently? Check the grounds on the ski as well, it could be that the coil isn't grounding out properly where ever it is mounted to. I think you're doing alright and keep with the basic things first. If all the grounds look fine, try testing the coil, if it tests out ok then start looking for damaged wiring and so on until you have to start looking into the pulser.

Quote Originally Posted by fboncore View Post
    I decided to clip back the wires before digging deeper. Now when I click the start button I get 1 spark. If it hold it I get nothing. Should I still look at this pulser or is this one spark indicative of another problem???
    Weak battery??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information