07 Ultra 250x - Blue/Silver justice25's Avatar

Question Where to buy Filter/Oil

Needing to Change Oil and was wanting to know what Oil I should run and where to get it, also needing an Oil Extractor and Filter, tried to get one on line at rratedperformance but they said it would be mid August before it could ship, (Needing to change it before my next ride) My bike has 25hrs on it but I did not get it from the dealer until it had 14hrs on it, they did the first chang and 10hr service, so this is my first Oil Change. I ride at the lake here in TN, Temp is usually between 86-92 with the lake in the low 80's. I have an 07 Ultra 250. Any help would be appreciated.

+1
    i got the oil filter from K&N directly, but rivaracing.com carries the OEM kawi filters also, if you dont see them online at riva, call them up, they have them. got havoline 10-40 motorcycle oil from my local autoparts store. the oil extractor i bought at www.northerntool.com/ , or hydroturf sells one also.

+1
    you can get a good deal on a oil extractor on ebay. i got one there and paid 55 bucks plus 15 dollars shipping.

i use amsoil full synthetic 10W-40 marine. and an amsoil filter w/ synthetic media. only bad part is its about $70 per oil change in the oil and filter.

+1
    Oil extractor can be bought at parkeryamaha.com or denniskirk.com. Filters I get them from Rudy at R-Rated. But first,definitly check Jerrys online store he may have all the items and if not he can probably get them pretty fast..

07 Ultra 250x - Blue/Silver justice25's Avatar
    Thanks for the info

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskir15f View Post
    i use amsoil full synthetic 10W-40 marine. and an amsoil filter w/ synthetic media. only bad part is its about $70 per oil change in the oil and filter.
    jtskir15f
    70 bucks is actually not that bad considering your engine is at stake. synthetic media filter ? am coming up to my 2nd oil change. i did my first at 10hrs as recommended by some savy people here, just to on the safe side. now my 50hrs is approaching. maybe i will do the synthetic thing.

Oh and about jerry's store here on the site = great experience! def will deal with again. i spoke to riva to get my FF exhaust and they were back ordered 2-3 weeks, while jerry had it in stock and got to me in 2 days with no extra excharges. give him a try.
    Last edited by inchadeboca; 07-25-2008 at 04:50 PM.

+1
    You can get AMSOIL here on Jerry's site also. It is under his links on the left.
    http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?z...968&page=index

its just the amsoil filter they recommend for use w/ synthetic oil. i think its the "Ea" series of filters. it was only like 2 bucks more so i figured what the hay.

Thread Information