Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

P-X Hose Chaffing issues???

Working on a RXP-X and noticed a couple of thing. Oil over filled from the dealer. 1/4 inch above the high bent on the dip stick. Also, 2 hoses getting rubber by seat cowl aft of the engine. Anyone else see this? Or had any other little issues to watch out for?? Look like Seadoo knew about the J-pipe hose and unstall a pink rubber band / hose insulator.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-007S.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	147.2 KB 
ID:	84891   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-008S.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	139.3 KB 
ID:	84892   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-009S.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	139.3 KB 
ID:	84893   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-010S.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	148.2 KB 
ID:	84894   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-011S.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	140.7 KB 
ID:	84895  

+1
    Dirty Dude u obviously have an early release boat like my FIRST unit .....my second unit as u can see in these pics has the exhaust hose zip tied down to keep it off the cowling mount and zip tied back to keep it off the throttle body ........then the exhaust manifold to water box water line is zip tied down now to keep it off the cowling mount on the other side ....these zip ties are all from the factory like this on later released dated units .... so with a few zip ties u can alleviate the chaffing!!!!! good luck fellas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zip tie hoses 2.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	84896   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zip hoses 1.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	84897  

+1
    The problem isn't even the zip ties. The hoses will sit fine without rubbing if everything is lined up right. Mine were off from the factory, so I took everything apart, repositioned the waterbox and now everything sits fine without rubbing. For the water lines going from the manifold you will need to use some zip ties to keep those from rubbing against the seat lock.

+1
    nobody said the zip ties were a problem..........the problem is obviously fitment issues with hoses...... all i stated was the zip ties are just the hillbilly fix the factory used to get away with these fitment issues they have from the factory prduced units!!!!!!!!! PERIOD!!!!!!!

Smile

I was just going to apply some Baby Powder to help with my chaffing issue. Anything else I should watch out for???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    nobody said the zip ties were a problem..........the problem is obviously fitment issues with hoses...... all i stated was the zip ties are just the hillbilly fix the factory used to get away with these fitment issues they have from the factory prduced units!!!!!!!!! PERIOD!!!!!!!

Calm down there MR. BET!!!!!!!! PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You said the lack of zip ties were a problem, which is true. I was just kindly telling the OP that you can fix the issue completely by adjusting everything.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    Calm down there MR. BET!!!!!!!! PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You said the lack of zip ties were a problem, which is true. I was just kindly telling the OP that you can fix the issue completely by adjusting everything.

i am calm but u keep putting words in my mouth ..............highlight the words where i say the lack of zip ties are a problem ............what i said was and read this part SLOWLY AGAIN so u get it correct ...........they used zip ties to hillbilly fix the problem .....i said no more and no less .....now do u get Buddyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    I was just going to apply some Baby Powder to help with my chaffing issue. Anything else I should watch out for???

Dirty Dude the only other thing to watch out for is the BROWN ACID!!!!!! hhahahahahahahahahaha good luck Brotha!

Wink

What is this brown acid you speak of??? Doesn't sound pleasent. I'll avoid any thing brown and or acidic! Later

+1
    I had taken off my hoses to replace the clamps even before I rode the ski. So when I look at them now I don't see them aligned similar to yours Dirty Sanchez. But if it were that easy of a fix then why did they just use zip ties to correct? Laziness? Have you tried loosening the hoses to see if you can slightly reposition them? It might be one of those vicious circles where in order to adjust one you have to loosen and adjust another. And before you know it they're all off.

Just my .02

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information