Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Overstuff solution?

This was in another thread but I would like to have this considered further.

Everyone wants to focus on limiting the water coming in while no one seems to want to think outside of the pump - that is, increasing the ability for the water to be processed and equalize the incoming! That's why the X nozzle is 87mm I'm guessing. And when you put a reduction nozzle sure that's good for top end but the ski was designed (the water intake size) to provide low end.

What would the Rotax Racing 16 vein pump do for this set up? That's supposed to offer great acceleration. I don't know anything about this product (that's $3,450), but I'm guessing if it provides acceleration then it must be a suction machine to "pull" the water through the original sized RXP grate so what would it do when it might be evenly matched with the larger RXP-X opening?

I'm sure when you put this 16 vein pump on the RXT intake grate size, which is the same size as the P-X intake, then you won't see "understuffing" so maybe it's underutilized and this aftermarket pump could be something to entertain?

Just a thought - and since we're beyond thinking and now people are trying who has access to one of these that could try it out? It might actually increase sales ten fold if it turns out to be the fix.

+1
    Reid has one, but I don't think it went well when he used it on the bumble bee ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum0286 View Post
    Reid has one, but I don't think it went well when he used it on the bumble bee ski.
    I didn't hear about that????? How did it do?

Quote Originally Posted by jawz View Post
    I didn't hear about that????? How did it do?
    +1

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    It had something to do with the impeller not fitting the same as stock. I believed he shimmed it to move it forward away from the veins and that ended up pushing the drive shaft into the end of the crank... bearing failure occurred.

So he never really had the chance to dial it in. This sounds like a promising possibility, rx4pain

+1
    I don't know if this has been brought up but, why not do a pump extension with jetworks valves like the gpr and keep adding valves till its gone.. sorry if it has been brought up

+1
    Reid's ski was a RXP and isn't this what the pump fits? I wasn't sure about it's compatibility with the X model, but I wouldn't expect fitment issues w/ a RXP - not for over $3K.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by N8R View Post
    I don't know if this has been brought up but, why not do a pump extension with jetworks valves like the gpr and keep adding valves till its gone.. sorry if it has been brought up
    I'd like to know more about thesr valves...psi before it vents and the size of the opening inside the valve. Thanks

+1
    I'd like to know more about thesr valves...psi before it vents and the size of the opening inside the valve. Thanks
    Searching the Yamaha section for "pump pressure" (titles only) may prove useful for what you're looking for.

+1
    Jerry has two on his GPRXP and I think one is set to release pressure at 20psi and the other is set for 30psi. I don't think the valve could be bigger than 3/4inch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information