Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is there any gains ?????????????

As stated is there any gains by removing the resonator or is it strickly noise only ????????????????????????

...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    +1
    Some say they have seen a 50rpm increase.

can't say for sure I got any performance increase, but it sounds sweet, turns heads, and has the ability to show a performance that matches the sound!

Well Changed out the resinator on the exhaust and it does sound alot better. I will repost once I water test it. I used a 9.5" peice of stainless steel tubing.

Sounds nice at Idle....but you won't even be able to hear anything when ridding WOT, the worst spot is in the 3-4K rpm's.....the resonance is so bad using the stock exhaust exit that i finally choosed to put it back in place as stock form....the boat is much more enjoyable with the resonator installed....!

Replaced Resonator Last Week, Has A Nice Grumble @ Idle....can't Tell Much Of A Difference When On The Throttle...

They say if you use anything other then metal pipe you get a really bad drone. I used a peice of stainless pipe I will find out this sun. It sounds a good bit different out of the water I will find out soon enough on the water.............

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by svt4blood View Post
    They say if you use anything other then metal pipe you get a really bad drone. I used a peice of stainless pipe I will find out this sun. It sounds a good bit different out of the water I will find out soon enough on the water.............
    I used Metal Exhaust Pipe, and it was horrendously loud in the seating area. Sounded cool as hell, but VERY loud and boomy.

Maybe it'll be a little quieter in the C180 since you aren't sitting so close to the back of the Boat like on the S150.

Not really in the C180 it is the same terrible sound once resonator is removed...idle is very sweet....but 3K to 5 K is very annoying....i tried aluminium pipe, then stainless steel pipe...looks very similar...i wish i could find a very thick metal pipe to test it on...but i think the resonance comes from the exhaust note inside the hull and outside in the water box too....

Probably that with an external thru hull design it would be less annoying...?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepster View Post
    Probably that with an external thru hull design it would be less annoying...?
    Yea, with my Thru-Hull on my S150 with the Gibson now, it's like comparing it to stock. Yea, the Gibson still has a nice Volume to it and is louder than stock, but when comparing the 3k-5k rpm Drone between the Gibson & Resonator Removal, the Gibson is 100x quieter.

Like everyone is saying, the Pump Tunnel's Resonant Frequency is is right in the area of 3k-5k rpm.

All you gotta do is get that Exhaust Outlet OUT of the Pump Tunnel, and any Exhaust Combo. will be quieter in the Seating Area.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information